Friday 7 December 2018

Blogmas Day 7: Making Chocolate Orange Hot Chocolate!

Hey guys,
For today's post I will be making and trying a chocolate orange hot chocolate,
Now I love a good Terry's chocolate orange but I can be a little picky with my hot chocolate, so hopefully I like this one,
I did do a couple of hot chocolate posts last year, you can find the white chocolate one I did here and the hot chocolate stirrers post here if you would like to read those
Anyway, let's get into it then shall we

Ok, to make this all you need is:
  • Milk (I just measured this out in my chosen mug to make sure it was right as 240ml like I used last year wasn't full enough)
  • 60g of Terry's chocolate orange
  • Whipped cream (optional)
  • Marshmallows (optional)
  • White Chocolate Star Sprinkles (optional)

Moving on to how I made it:



First I started by prepping what was needed with my Mum,
We poured out 240ml of milk first and tested it in my mug of choice but it wasn't enough to fill the cup (it's quite a wide mug at the top haha), we then decided to add more milk to make it full enough

Next we weighed 60g of the chocolate and chopped it up


Moving onto making it, we started by pouring the milk into a saucepan and heating it
Once it was hot enough we added in the chocolate, leaving the heat on as we did


Not the best picture sorry haha

We then stirred in the chocolate until it was fully melted and mixed in (I say we but my Mum pretty much did it while I took pictures haha, thank you Mum!)


I then tasted it to see if it was as chocolatey as I would have liked it to be, it was so now time to serve!


I served it up in my cute Christmas mug I got last year

Before adding cream I tasted it one more time so I could say how it was in this post

I then added whipped cream and marshmallows and decided for a more festive touch to add some white chocolate star sprinkles too
And voila! The chocolate orange hot chocolate is complete




Ok, so how was it?

It tasted really good actually, I thought because chocolate orange is quite a rich chocolate that I wouldn't like it, but I did
It wasn't too sickly either, it was really nice!

I would definitely recommend this hot chocolate, it's nice when you want something more than a regular hot chocolate

And that brings us to the end of today's post,
Let me know in the comments what flavour hot chocolate you like best,
I hope you enjoyed this post,

If you're enjoying blogmas so far feel free to follow my blog (follow options are in the side bar on desktop and bottom of the page for mobile), if you would prefer you can also follow me on Bloglovin' (you can follow me here)

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow for blogmas day 8!
Hanna x

4 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I love hot chocolate and would really love to try this recipe. And yes.... to whipped cream, marshmallows, and white chocolate star sprinkles! Perfect drink for cold winter nights:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd recommend this hot chocolate it was so nice! Yeah, cream and marshmallows just complete a good hot chocolate and I thought the stars just made it more festive. Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Looks great. Never tried mixing terry's chocolate orange into hot chocolate but it looks delicious. Perhaps I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I thought it would be sickly but it was actually really nice. I would definitely recommend trying it

      Delete