Sunday 10 December 2017

Blogmas Day 10: Christmas Tree Crumpets And Making White Chocolate Hot Chocolate

December 10th:


Hey guys,
Today's post is kind of simple,
Before we get to that though I'll be opening my advent calendars, like in every post so far,

Tanya Burr Cosmetics Day 10:



Day 10 of the Tanya Burr advent calendar today was this really cute nail file, this will probably come in really handy for me as I'm constantly in need of a nail file haha


Makeup Revolution Day 10:






Day 10 today of the Makeup Revolution advent calendar was this really pretty gold strobe balm, I've never used a strobe balm before so I'm quite excited to try this

Ok, onto the post!

Firstly I just wanted to post about these super cute Christmas tree crumpets my parents bought for breakfast today when they went shopping



These are honestly so cute haha, perfect festive breakfast!


(I like my crumpets very buttery haha)

So for the second part of today's post I thought I would make white chocolate hot chocolate,
I love hot chocolate so much but have never really tried making it with solid chocolate on a hob, only ever in the microwave haha,
So today's the day I try it!

I decided on white chocolate hot chocolate in honour of the festive season, I know in the past some coffee shops have had white hot chocolate as a Christmas drink and I never got around to trying it

Ok, let's get to making the hot chocolate

You Will Need:

60g White Chocolate (Or if you don't like white chocolate, any chocolate of your choice)
240ml Milk (Any milk will do)
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract (I decided to leave this out as I'm not a huge fan of vanilla)
A Mug (I chose my cute Christmas one)
A Saucepan
Whipped Cream (Optional)
Micro Marshmallows (Optional)

(I used this recipe on WikiHow)




How To Make:

First the recipe says to pour the 240ml of milk into a saucepan

Next it says to add the 60g of chocolate


It then says to heat the mixture on a medium-low heat until it simmers, but you don't want to let it boil

The next step would be to take the saucepan off the heat and add the 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the mix, but since I left out the vanilla extract I didn't do this step

Now all that's left to do is pour it into a mug,



I then added whipped cream,



And these cute micro marshmallows to make it look even more delicious




I will say overall I really liked this hot chocolate, I would like to try it with a little more chocolate though as I like my hot chocolate really chocolatey haha but it was nice for a different drink every now and then,
I feel like I will definitely drink this again

That's all for today's post,
Let me know your favourite chocolate to make a hot chocolate with in the comments or let me know your favourite hot chocolate in general,
I hope you enjoyed today's post,

Feel free to follow my blog to keep up with the rest of my blogmas posts, I recently added a follow by email feature to my blog so that if you aren't on blogger you can still follow me if you like, (I will just say if you are on mobile the follow buttons are at the bottom of the page as I can't move them haha),
Thanks for reading and I see you tomorrow!
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment