Sunday 23 December 2018

Blogmas Day 23: Making 2 Festive Treats!


Hey guys,
For today's post I am doing the same type of post I did for Day 23 last year,
I'm going to be showing you 2 treats I made today and telling you how I made them,
I was going to make 3 but didn't have time to make the 3rd today, that will be a part of tomorrow's post
Anyway, let's get into this yummy post then shall we?
The first treat are ginger biscuits,
I am going to dip half in chocolate I think but I didn't have time tonight, so I'll update this post tomorrow
Also the recipe I used can be found here

To make these you need:

  • 50g Unsalted butter
  • 50g Golden syrup
  • 100g Light soft brown sugar
  • 1 Egg yolk
  • 150g Self raising flour
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of bicarbanate of soda
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of ground ginger (the recipe said 2 but said you could use 1 for a milder taste)
Now onto the method of making them:
My Dad helped me with today's recipes

First we preheated the oven to 190 degrees celcius and lined a baking tray with grease proof paper
We also started by measuring out all of our ingredients

Next we melted the golden syrup and butter together in a sauce pan

Once that was done we took it off the heat and beat in the brown sugar and egg yolk



Once that was done we left it aside and started on the dry ingredients,

We sifted the flour, bicarbanate of soda, baking powder and ginger into a bowl


We then had to heat the wet mixture again as it had stiffened a little

Then we added the wet mix to the dry and mixed it together

Finally we made balls of the dough and put them on the baking tray


Then it was into the oven for 10-12 minutes
Mine took a little bit longer though

And that's it they were done!


Like I said before I think I'm going to dip half of each biscuit into chocolate so I'll update you guys on that tomorrow in this post

The second treat are sugar cookies,
I used a BBC Good Food recipe for these too, you can find it here

For these you need:
  • 330g of plain flour
  • 225g of unsalted butter
  • 225g of caster sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
First for these we put the oven to the temperature required as these were different (it says 180 degrees Celsius) and lined a baking tray (the recipe says 2 but we needed way more, I think because we don't have a proper baking tray)

Next we creamed the butter and sugar together in a bowl until it was as smooth as possible
We then beat in the vanilla and the egg

The next part required a separate bowl and we couldn't find one big enough so we put the butter and sugar mix into a separate tub and used the bowl we had mixed that in


The butter and sugar mix looked like mash potato here haha

Next in the bowl we combined the flour and baking soda
We then added in the 'wet' mix bit by bit until it formed a dough


Then we floured the surface and rolled the dough out a few chunks at a time
We then rolled out each bit and cut it into star shapes one by one



Because we didn't have a proper baking tray we ended up filling about 4 trays

Finally it was into the oven for 8-10 minutes
Some we left a little longer

And then they were done!
We then let the cool before putting them on a separate tray for display (we have since put them into my Zoella Lifestyle tins from last year)


Sorry I only got this picture of the finished cookies

Again I think I want to dip half of some of these biscuits in chocolate so I'll update this post tomorrow

I've only tried the sugar cookies so far and they are so good!

And that brings us to the end of this post,
I hope you enjoyed it,
Let me know in the comments which treat you think looks the best

Thank you for reading and I will see you tomorrow for the last day of blogmas,
Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. They seem like great recipes and delicious biscuits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The sugar cookies have gone down well with everyone :)

      Delete