Saturday 15 December 2018

Blogmas Day 15: Lunch, The Nutcracker And Workout!

Hey guys,
For day 15 I’m basically going to be writing about everything I did today,
I met up with Tamanna to hang out before Christmas and here is what we got up to

So, I got ready and went to pick Tamanna up,
My Mum then dropped us at the cinema and we decided since we had an hour to spare before the movie was showing that we wanted to watch we would go for lunch first

We decided on McDonalds as we both had quite tight budgets today haha,
I got 6 chicken nuggets, large fries and a hot chocolate (and ketchup too of course haha)

I ended up throwing the hot chocolate away though as it tasted really weak

We then headed to the cinema and got there at about quarter to 2, we thought we wouldn’t be able to get tickets at this point but by the time we got up to the counter to get them we still could
The woman said we arrived with 3 minutes until the film


(I got the tickets free with some voucher things I had that I could give in for free tickets, so that was great and saved us both a bit of money)

When we got into the screen room there was a couple more ads and then the film started so we actually pretty much missed all the ads, good timing or what? haha

The film started a little slow if you know what I mean and was a little confusing in the beginning but once it got into the story it was pretty good
I actually really liked it in the end
I also loved that the main ballerina shown in part of it was Misty Copeland
There were a lot of recognisable faces too, such as, Helen Mirren, Keira Knightley, Jack Whitehall etc

After the movie we went to Tesco as Tamanna wanted something sweet before we headed to the gym,
We looked around and nothing caught my eye,
Tamanna then realised she'd had some little After Eights in her pocket all this time haha, so we didn't end up getting anything

We then headed to the gym,
When we got there we put our bags in the changing room lockers and headed down to workout,
The gym was freezing, I thought they would have had heating on this time of year

For my workout today I used (in the order I used them):

  • Treadmill
We warmed up on the treadmill for 10 minutes
  • Rotary Torso
I did 5 sets of 8 twists on this while Tamanna was using the ab crunch
  • Ab Crunch
I did 5 sets of 8 on this too, Tamanna went to do some other stuff at this point, there are times we each use equipment the other doesn't use haha
  • Hip Adduction
I did 5 sets of 8 on this too I think, for those who don't know this is basically a piece of equipment where you put your feet on the foot rest parts, resting your knees on the attached knee pads and then adjust the knee pad and foot pad part as far out as you can bear, then you push against the knee pads pushing inwards
I don't know if that makes sense sorry haha
  • Hip Abduction
Again I did 5 sets of 8, this one is basically the opposite to the last one I mentioned, you push your knees/legs outwards rather than inwards
  • Warm Up Before Stretching
I then did a quick warm up before stretching, I use a super quick warm up on YouTube by Alivia D'Andrea if you're interested
  • Stretch
My stretching routine of choice varies every time I visit the gym, today I tried a new one on YouTube by Anna McNulty
I admire Anna's flexibility so much so I love her stretching routines, I find them very motivational
  • Cool Down
I then finished with some cool down stretches,
Child's pose, straddle stretch, pike stretch etc

Once we finished in the gym we headed back to Tesco, Tamanna had seen some cute flower things to get her Mum the first time we had gone in, so had gone back for those
I wanted to go to Pets At Home to get Blaze and Chase's Christmas presents but they closed at 6pm and I kept forgetting it was Saturday so I forgot they closed earlier haha
My Mum then picked us up and took Tamanna back home

Once I got home I just had a chicken sandwich and some beans for tea and now I'm just going to watch some YouTube haha

I had a really good day today,
Me and Tamanna have one more meet up planned before Christmas actually,
We are going to a Winter Wonderland thing near us, I'm not going to go into too much about it though as I have plans to vlog it
We will probably be giving each other Christmas presents then too so I'll try and get that in the vlog as well

Anyway, that brings us to the end of this post,
I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you enjoyed seeing into my day today
Let me know in the comments what your favourite thing is to do on a weekend

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow for day 16!
Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. My favourite thing to do on the weekend is sleep! Lol. I want to see the Nutcracker too so hopefully I'll get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha,the nutcracker was pretty good to be honest, hope you get to see it :)

      Delete