Sunday 14 February 2021

Taking Your Advice *Series* | Part Two - Anxiety

 Hey guys,

Welcome back to my blog or welcome if you're new!

Today's post is part two of my five part series 'Taking Your Advice', incase you didn't see the previous part of this series (the topic for part one was confidence) how this works is I take to my Insta story and ask you guys for your advice on different topics and then share it in a blog post, adding my own advice at the end

So, the topic for this post, as you can see in the title, is anxiety, if you've read my blog since about August last year you may know I posted a post talking about the fact I have anxiety so I figured it was only right to put this as one of the topics

Before we jump into this post though, if you want to know what's next for this series here are the upcoming topics:

Part 3 - Friendships

Part 4 - Money/Saving

Part 5 - Starting A Blog Or YouTube Channel

With that somewhat long intro out of the way, let's get into part 2 shall we?


Okay, so just like last time I'll start with your advice from Instagram:

  • Deep breathing
  • Positive quotes from Pinterest
  • Even though something doesn't work out how you thought it would doesn't mean it's final
  • Recognise the cause of it and know what you can and cannot control
  • Read, go for a drive, go for a walk, go for a bike ride, yoga
  • Know that you are not alone in this! People share the same feelings and it's great to seek guidance like this blog post
  • Try to always have someone with you
  • Have water on hand
  • Shift your focus - relaxation, breathing exercises etc

Now for my advice,

So as I said, if you've read my blog for a fair while you'll know I have anxiety myself

Some things I would suggest are meditation, relaxing apps/sounds (I like headspace for meditation), breathing, as mentioned above, get outside or just take a break, if something you're working on is making you anxious take a break where possible

I would also say try to stretch or exercise (I know yoga was mentioned above) or do something that makes you happy, you could even watch a movie or YouTube or play a game (I know some days I just like to watch YouTube continuously haha)

I also love a piece of advice I think Zoe Sugg shared once where she said spend 10 minutes doing something then move onto something else for 10 minutes and something else until you feel better or if you're trying to pass time waiting for an interview maybe or something like that so this until that time has passed

I'd also suggest getting enough sleep too, I know for me if I haven't slept great my anxiety is instantly worse most of the time

I hope this helps as I'm not the best at giving advice on this topic as even after 7 years with anxiety I'm still figuring out what works for me and what doesn't, which is actually one reason I decided to do these posts, to get advice from others that could both help me and other people


Okay so that brings us to the end of part two of this series, I hope you guys are enjoying it so far and I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did be sure to follow my blog ready for the next three parts of this series, as well as some other post going up in between, and let me know in the comments what you think of the series so far and which of the upcoming topics you're most excited for


Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you on Wednesday for a post about why I love my Church and then on Sunday for part 3 of this series,

Bye guys!


Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment