Wednesday 17 February 2021

8 Reasons Why I Love My Church (Churchome)

 Hey guys,

Welcome back to my blog or welcome if you're new!

Before I start I just want to say I know this post won't be for everyone and that's okay, feel free to click off of it if it's not for you

But anyway, today I'm going to be sharing 8 reasons why I love my Church, for those who don't know I consider myself a Christian but I never had a Church I belonged to I guess haha and I never went to Church until last year

So let's get started shall we?

Okay, so my Church is Churchome, as you can see in the title, I'll link their YouTube here if you want to take a look if you're interested in learning more about Christianity or if you're already Christian and looking for a Church

But now into what I love about Churchome

  • They're online
I love this because I can watch Church from anywhere at anytime, which is great! And as well as having a YouTube channel they also have an app which you can get on the app store

  • The sermons are always so uplifting
Every Church service is always so uplifting and moving I guess
I always finish watching Church feeling so positive and uplifted, in fact don't tell anyone but I've cried watching Church a couple of times because it's so positive and makes you feel so loved by Jesus and God that I just feel so overwhelmed sometimes (so it's happy tears haha)

  • The sermons always relate with me
I've noticed not only are the sermons uplifting and empowering, they also always seem to relate to whatever I'm feeling in some way, in fact sometimes it's like I literally am drawn to a sermon and it's like I have to watch it right there and then
Coincidence, I think not haha

  • Pastor chat
Churchome have a chat on their app and website where you can chat to pastors whenever you need, I think it's 24/7
I've used this a few times and each pastor I've spoken to has always been super kind and helpful and they've even offered to pray for me many times too

  • I feel like I belong
Every time I watch Church even though it's just me sat watching I feel like I belong to the Church if that makes sense and I never feel out of place, an example of this is when I've used pastor chat I never feel awkward if I don't understand something or I don't know something and I always feel like I belong just as much as anyone else even though I didn't grow up reading the Bible or going to Church (I was told about God when I was younger and I've always prayed but never went to Church or really read the Bible aside from in RE at school and sometimes online)

  • Judah always relates things back to his life too
I love that Judah Smith, the main pastor who does the sermons most weeks, always tells stories about his life and he's not afraid to say how he feels, for example he once said he was going through a stage before that of being mad at God and I feel like it makes Church more relatable when even the Pastor relates to something you're feeling or you've felt

  • The worship music
I don't always make it to the Church live streams for the music because of the time difference between the USA and UK but when I do I love the worship music, it's so uplifting and empowering and it's also very modern I guess
The lyrics are also pretty easy to pick up so you can join in (not that I sing haha, I'm a dancer not a singer but I lip sync)

  • I've learnt so much about God, Jesus and the Bible
I've been with Churchome for nearly a year now and in that time I have learnt sooo much, I've learnt so much about God, about Jesus, about the Bible, about the meanings of different scriptures etc etc 

Okay so those are just 8 reasons why I love my Church I can think of off the top of my head, which brings us to the end of this blog post
I just want to say I am so grateful for this Church, I'm grateful to be a part of it and thank you to the pastors for making me feel like I belong to this Church

I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post, if you did be sure to follow my blog for more blog posts about God and many other things (the follow options are in the right side bar) and let me know in the comments what you love about Church or if you don't go to Church let me know if you decide to check out Churchome or just leave your favourite Bible verse, whatever you want

Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you on Sunday for part 3 of my series 'taking your advice' where we'll be talking friendships,
Bye guys! 

Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment