Sunday 7 February 2021

Taking your advice *Series* | Part One - Confidence

 Hey guys,

Welcome back to my blog or welcome if you're new!

Today I'm starting a series here on my blog, as you can see by the title it's called 'taking your advice' and basically what this series is going to be is me sharing you guys' advice for different topics

So basically I'm going to ask on Instagram what your advice is on a topic and then put it in a blog post and then I'll share my own advice at the end of the post too (If you're not following me, be sure to so you can join in! I'll link my Instagram here)

I have 5 parts planned for this series so here's what they'll be:

Week 1: Confidence (this post)

Week 2: Anxiety

Week 3: Friendships

Week 4: Money/Saving

Week 5: Starting A Blog Or YouTube channel


Anyway, now that I've explained how it's gonna work (hopefully it made sense) and what the topics will be let's jump into it shall we?


So, starting with the advice I got from you guys on Instagram:

  • Try not to worry about others, do things for yourself
  • Give yourself compliments in the mirror
  • Wear clothes you love
  • Don't care what others think and just go for it
  • Love yourself and appreciate others
  • Be you and never let anyone's judgement get you down, you are beautiful in your own way because that's how God made you
  • Be you!
  • I know it's hard to do this but don't care what people tell you and keep being you! You're beautiful no matter what
  • Confidence starts when you have the courage to block what's taking it away
  • Get out of your comfort zone!


And now for my advice:

So confidence isn't my forte haha, I'm not crazy confident or anything but it's something I want to work on this year
One thing I would say as far as fashion and your style in confidence is don't be afraid to try something new or different to what you usually go for, this is again something I want to try and do more this year and just remember not everyone is gonna like you and that's fine, the important people who are meant to be in your life will no matter what
Also I'd say try not to worry about what others think of you (or may think of you), I am 100% guilty of this but at the end of the day most of the time you'll never see them again, so what does it matter anyway, right?

Also just want to say I completely agree with everything you guys sent in on Instagram, I definitely think I'll be using the advice myself

There was one piece of advice that really stood out to me though and that was the one that said 'confidence starts when you have the courage to block out what's taking it away', for me I feel like my anxiety can take away my confidence a fair bit so this resonated with me a lot

Another piece of advice I'd give for confidence is just be yourself, there's only one of you

I hope this helps, I'm not the best with advice haha and like I said this is not my forte and it's something even I'm still learning about and working on myself, so let's just work on it together, step by step, day by day, we got this!

Okay, so that is the end of part one of 'Taking Your Advice'
I hope you guys enjoyed this different kind of post, if you did be sure to follow my blog (the options are in the right side bar) and let me know in the comments what you thought and also let me know which other topics you're excited for in this series
Feel free to also send this to a friend who may need it right now, one of the reasons I started this series was because I wanted advice myself too and I figured why not share it with you guys to help some of you

Anyway, thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you at next Sunday at 4pm for part two,
Bye guys!

Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. Hanna I loved this post! The series is going to be great! I’m really looking forward to reading the next post. Everything in this post about having and building your confidence was written so wonderfully. I found it really helpful. I definitely need to remember these pieces of advice and save this post to come back to when I’m feeling low! Worrying about what others think is one of my biggest hurdles. I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels this way.

    Just wonderful Hanna! :)

    Ellie xx
    https://elliebowsandsparkles.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!
      Aw, thank you, I'm glad you found it helpful
      I'll definitely be using some of the advice myself too x

      Part two is going up 4pm tomorrow :)

      Delete