Sunday 8 November 2020

October Highlights (2020)

 Hey guys,

Welcome back to my blog, or welcome if you're new around here!

Today, as mentioned in my last post, I'm going to be sharing my October highlights with you guys,

If you're new to these posts my highlights are basically the best moments from the previous month, I've been doing these since 2018 now I think and I honestly love writing them so much!

Okay then, let's get into it shall we?

1st

On the 1st I posted my September highlights post, which was the last post I put up before putting my blog on private to work on the re-launch


I also filmed a video on the 1st, I filmed the YouTube show and tell tag that Zoe created but more on that later on the day it was uploaded


And then finally for the 1st I ordered the Glossybox October box (my first ever Glossybox)

I mainly ordered it so I could get the advent calendar at the cheaper price hahaha


2nd

On the 2nd my French Click order I had made a few weeks before arrived and I filmed a French click haul and trying some French foods video


The 2nd was also the day my blog went on private for me to start redesigning and changing a few things (which then turned into changing pretty much everything haha)


3rd

I spent most of my day on the 3rd working on my blog, changing the design and colour scheme etc

It took me ages to find a new background image, until I found unsplash, a website that offer free images (that's where my background image is from, you can find out more about that in my about my blog page)


4th


On the 4th I edited half of my YouTube show and tell tag video


5th


On the 5th I ordered my Glossybox advent calendar


6th


I baked some funfetti cupcakes on the 6th and I also baked some basic biscuits too

Unfortunately I didn't get a photo haha


8th


My Glossybox October box arrived on the 8th





For my first ever Glossybox I was very impressed with the products in here!


9th


On the 9th I filmed a Glossybox unboxing video


10th


I finished editing the YouTube show and tell tag I'd filmed earlier this month on the 10th

I also uploaded it and made a thumbnail (you can find it here if you haven't seen it yet)


13th


On the 13th I went to Tesco with my Mum and got some ingredients to make an M&M cookie bar and some cupcakes, and I also got birthday presents for my younger sister's birthday in a couple of days

I also went to Wilko and got a new concealer and looked at hair dye (yep, we've reached that point in 2020 where I'm considering home hair dye for the first time haha)


Later in the day I then made the M&M cookie bar I planned to make

Here's how it turned out





14th


On the 14th I made cupcakes, I made 6 chocolate ones with chocolate buttercream, 5 vanilla with vanilla buttercream and I attempted to marble one which didn't go that great but it didn't look bad haha

Here's how those turned out








I also started editing my Glossybox video


15th


The 15th was my younger sister's birthday


I also created an autumn inspired makeup look on the 15th

I had tried this look before but changed it a fair bit this time





Later we ordered Pizza Hut for tea for my sister's birthday

I just got a basic margherita pizza haha


16th


My Glossybox advent calendar arrived on the 16th, it's so pretty!


17th


On the 17th my Nana came to our house (she's a single adult household so we're her 'bubble') and we did a small buffet for my sister's birthday a couple of days ago


19th


On the 19th I watched a church sermon I'd not got around to watching the day before and took notes for the first time, this really helped me take in what was being said more I feel like


20th


I finished editing my Glossybox video on the 20th so I exported and uploaded it (you can find it here if you're interested and haven't seen it yet)


21st


On the 21st I made cake pops for the first time, honestly I thought they were gonna go wrong but they actually went okay

I didn't get around to dipping the cake pops in chocolate but I did dip the sticks in chocolate and put those in and then put them in the fridge to set



22nd


I dipped the cake pops in chocolate on the 22nd, I did 5 in white chocolate, 4 in milk chocolate and 3 in icing and then dipped them in sprinkles too



23rd


On the 23rd I made cheese and tomato pasta bake for the first time (with my Mum haha)



I made a recipe that served 6 so that I could freeze some and eat it whenever haha, there were actually 2 more oven dishes full of it


25th


On the 25th I enrolled on a free dance skills course on OpenLearn (run by the Open University) and decided I would start working on it the week after (you don't get a qualification from OpenLearn courses as they are free but you get a statement on participation, which I figured still looks good on the CV haha, plus I was getting bored at home mostly and wanted to learn something)


26th


I started the dance skills course on the 26th and made it 55% of the way through already! (it's only a 12 hour length course) and I made it to my first activity they give you to do


I also ordered Costa on Uber Eats as I was craving their mac and cheese haha

I got mac and cheese, some crisps and a ham and cheese toastie (as well as a hot chocolate and orange juice)



Finally on the 26th I watched church from the day before and it was communion, I really loved it, it was so much fun!


27th


On the 27th I pretty much just worked on my blog all day haha

I removed my contact and social media page I had up before, I added my social media links to the side bar, I changed my featured post, started re-categorising my posts and tried to sort my categories section (there were a few issues before it looked how it does now haha)


28th


I pretty much just did all blog stuff again on the 28th too

I finished re-labelling all of my posts to fit my new categories, found a solution for the previous category issue and I changed my popular posts sidebar so that it shows my all time most popular and not just for a certain time period


29th


On the 29th I started my first activity from the free dance skills course, it's basically to write the similarities and differences between my usual warm up and what they recommend and then create a warm up routine based off of what I've learnt so far


31st


On the 31st I spent pretty much the whole day making a gallery page for my blog ready for it relaunching on the 1st of November


I also played the halloween event on Animal Crossing which was really fun


Okay, so those are all of my highlights from October,

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, be sure to follow my blog if you did as I do these every month (options are in the side bar)

Be sure to let me know in the comments what one of your highlights from October was


Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you next week for another blog post,

Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hanna, your October highlights sound so cosy! I always look forward to your highlights. 🤗 That Costa order ❤️ oh my it looks a dream! I wish they did vegan mac ‘n’ cheese though they do so many amazing vegan options now. Also, that dance course by the Open University sounds incredible!! I have not danced for maybe five years now and oh my goodness do I miss it so badly! I’ve just changed career path so hopefully in the future I’ll be able to start my ballet again. I miss my pointes and oh I just miss that feeling of performing!

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad you like them! :)
      Even though it's free it really is a great course, as I go through it I'd definitely say it's meant for dance teachers, for them to refresh I guess haha but I've still learnt so much for when I want to apply to assist a dance teacher, so it's still been really helpful
      I never got on pointe haha but hopefully one day, good luck with the new career path and I hope you can start dancing again soon x

      Delete