Sunday 22 November 2020

5 Tips For Starting A Blog!

 Hey guys!

Welcome back to my blog or welcome if you're new!

Today I'm going to be sharing with you 5 tips for starting a blog, I'm in no way saying my blog is super successful but I like to think over the last nearly 4 years of doing this I've learnt a lot (hopefully enough to help you guys out)

So let's just jump right in, shall we?

Tip #1: Research Blog Platforms

Not gonna lie, this is something I didn't do but Blogger was the popular choice when I started blogging, but now I feel like there are so many blog platforms and website making sites out there ,(a lot of which are free), so if you're not sure which one you want to go with do some research first


Tip #2: Be Yourself

I'd say this is one of the most important things when starting a blog, people will relate more to you if you are your authentic self


Tip #3: Pick A Niche And Write What You Want To Write

I put these together as I felt they were pretty similar

Looking at my blog you'll probably notice I don't have a niche to it, but have a think and see if there's a particular niche you would like to write about and if not I personally think it's okay not to have one or not to have figured it out in the beginning. Write different things and see what works for you

And now that leads us onto write what you want to write, another super important one I feel like, sure, take ideas from readers but there's no obligation to write their suggestion unless it fits with what you like to write about because it comes through I feel like if you haven't enjoyed writing a post

Personally I think my readers get me when they leave suggestions so sometimes I will write them (sometimes I forget haha) but at the end of the day it's your blog, if something doesn't fit with what you write/your niche or if you're struggling to write it that's okay too but usually regular readers will get to know you and leave suggestions that fit what you write


Tip #4: Consistency

Again not something I've always been good with haha, but some of the main times I've seen improvements in my views have been when I've been super consistent, for example in 2017 and 2018 when I did blogmas (a post everyday from December 1st to December 24th) but before that and before I had my YouTube channel I was posting once a week


Tip #5: Don't burn yourself out too fast

Yes, consistency helps, but you don't want to burn yourself out to the point where you have nothing to write (I've done this and it's no fun haha)

Just remember hard work and consistency help but it's also good to take breaks when you feel you need them too or it can really affect your motivation


Bonus Tip: Tip #6: Promote everywhere

Literally any social media you have, promote your blog and new posts on there as much as possible (but not too much obviously haha)

I found when I used to use Twitter I would get a lot of views from there but obviously it'll be different for everyone


Okay, so that's it for this week's post, next week's is some blog post ideas for any of you who may be considering starting a blog

I hope you found this post helpful, be sure to let me know if there are any other blogging related posts you'd like to see

Also let me know if you're considering starting a blog


Thank you guys so much for reading and I'll see you next week for another post,

Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. An excellent post and you very excellently reminded me Hanna that I wanted to share My Christmas Wish List ( https://elliebowsandsparkles.blogspot.com/2020/12/my-christmas-wish-list.html?m=1 ) again this morning! 😂 I know yours is going up soon too! I’m most excited to read it! 😊

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Haha, I'll be sure to check it out, thanks for sharing the link :)

      Delete