Monday 1 October 2018

September Highlights


Hey guys,
I can't believe it the 1st of October already! This year has flown by so quickly,
Anyway, today's post is my September highlights,
I don't think there's anything else I need to say so let's just jump right into it shall we?

1st September:

On the 1st my Kylie Cosmetics order finally reached the UK

3rd September:

The 3rd was the day my Kylie order finally arrived!

4th September:

On the 4th I filmed a first impressions video on the Kylie cosmetics stuff I ordered
(If you want to go check that out you can find it here. I also plan to write a follow up blog post as to how I'm getting on with the products soon)

I also filmed my Q&A but didn't like it that much so decided to re-film at a later date

6th September:

On the 6th I hit 15 subscribers on my YouTube channel

I also hit 660 followers on my Instagram

Also on the 6th my Ten Minute Makeup Challenge video hit 60 views, I'm honestly so happy with how my YouTube is doing

7th September:

The 7th was a super productive day, I'll put a list here of everything I did that day:

  • I filmed my intro and outro for my aquarium vlog (I'll link it later on)
  • I finished editing the aquarium vlog
  • I voiced over some bits in the aquarium vlog too
  • I uploaded the aquarium video ready for that weekend
  • I filmed the swatches needed for my Kylie Cosmetics first impressions video
  • I started editing the Kylie Cosmetics video
  • I re-filmed my Q&A
  • I edited my Q&A
  • I uploaded the Q&A for two weeks later (I'll link this video later on)
8th September:

On the 8th I applied for a job

9th September:

The 9th I posted my Aquarium vlog (You can find that here if you'd like to watch it)

10th September:

On the 10th I hit 670 followers on Instagram

Then later that day I hit 680

And then later I also hit 690! All in the same day, I couldn't believe it, I don't think I've ever gained that many followers in one day before

13th September:

I met up with Tamanna for a buffet being held where she works, then we went to look around shops etc,
We looked in Home Sense first and then went into town, in town we went into New Look, where I tried on some long dungarees, a bardot top and two bralettes,
I'll put in the pics of these outfits here
(Side note: I didn't buy any of these, I didn't have enough money on me, but I plan to go back to New Look soon and get the bardot top and dungarees)


First pic: these long dungarees and this super cute bardot top, I love these dungarees they are so comfy!


Next pic: the bardot top on it's own, I love this top, it's so cute! I don't know if you can
see in the pic but it has little buttons down the front too


Next pic: this cute burgundy bralette, I really loved both bralettes but figured with Autumn
here now I should probably save my money and not buy them


Final outfit pic: the black version of the bralette, again I really liked this but figured it's
too cold now

I definitely want to go back into New Look for the dungarees and bardot top though for Autumn but I think I can do without the bralettes now that it's colder, although I did really love them too

We also went into a bubble tea place as Tamanna wanted to try that too, we then went to Primark as well, where I mainly tried on shoes,
Again I didn't have enough money on me to get any, I was just trying some on I'd seen online and I have plans to go to Primark soon with my leftover birthday money so I was trying some on to get an idea how they fit,
I'll put in pics of one pair of shoes I'm not sure on and one pair of shoes I tried that I really like here,



These are the pair I wasn't too sure about, although they do have a black pair with Minnie
Mouse on rather than Mickey, I guess when I go back to Primark I can try both
see which one I prefer



I absolutely love these boots! And if I remember right they were super comfy too! Although 
I couldn't find the black pair this day so I tried the brown, which I think I kind 
of love too though haha

I did however buy two hats ready for Autumn and Winter haha, they were only £3 each!
I'll put in pics of those here too,



Tamanna also got the same blue one, but I couldn't decide which colour I wanted more so I got both the navy blue and the nude pink

Finally we went to Starbucks as I wanted to get a hot chocolate and I got the classic hot chocolate with whipped cream


15th September:

On the 15th I pre-ordered Zoe's new book Cordially Invited, I can't wait to read this book this month, it looks like a really great book

16th September:

For the first time in quite a while on the 16th I gained a new follower on my blog, making that a total of 8 followers now (If you would like to follow my blog the follow options are in the side bar for desktop users and at the bottom of the page for mobile users, I'm also thinking of getting Bloglovin' so that people can follow my blog easier on there so please let me know in the comments what you guys think of that if you use it)

On the 16th I also posted my updated makeup collection and storage blog post

I also uploaded my Kylie Cosmetics first impressions video too

As well as posting the makeup storage blog post I also had a little makeup clear out before writing it haha, I think writing a makeup collection and storage post helped to prompt me to have a bit of a needed clear out before hand

I also started a 30 day photo challenge (and then forgot about it after that day so failed haha)

17th September:

On the 17th I actually started writing down some ideas for my Christmas wishlist this year (I know some of you probably think I'm crazy haha but every year it gets harder for me to write a wishlist so the sooner I start the better haha)

Also on the 17th I wrote 3 blogmas posts and started writing a 4th one (Again it seems super early in mid September but I'm trying to be as prepared as possible with blogmas this year so I can start buying things I'll need etc soon)

18th September:

The 18th was another super productive day so I'll just write it all as on big list again:
  • I filmed a no mirror makeup challenge (Coming next Sunday!)
  • I filmed a doing my makeup in reverse too but decided I didn't like that video
  • I looked at a few more jobs and stuff
  • I did a warm up
  • Then I did a 15 minute stretching routine (This is the one I used if you're interested)
  • Then did some choreographing and stuff for a bit
  • Then I did a small cool down stretch too
  • I also typed up one of the 3 blogmas posts from the other day
  • I started typing up another one too (I'm not going to say what they are, you'll have to wait until blogmas haha)
  • I looked at some Pinterest DIY wrapping paper ideas to try out this year (again for blogmas hopefully)
  • I re-edited my Q&A as I noticed a typo I needed to fix
  • And then finally I edited my no mirror makeup challenge too
19th September:

On the 19th I went out to get my Grandad a birthday present and card

I also started a social media detox on the 19th, so starting from this day I decided to take a few days completely off of social media

20th September:

The 20th was my Grandad's birthday so after we decided to go to Starbucks for some drinks (again I got a hot chocolate and whipped cream) we went to go and take his presents to him

On the 20th I also ordered the Zoella Mini Supernova set as each year I like to get one thing before Christmas to make sure I really like the scent so that I can then put some things from her Christmas range on my wishlist for family to buy me if they'd like too

21st September:

On the 21st I had my first dance class back after the summer holidays as I missed the class the week before, that went really well

I also had an email from the job I applied to earlier in the month asking me to ring them about an interview, so I did that

Speaking of emails on the 21st I also got an email to say my Superdrug order (the Zoella set) had been shipped

22nd September:

On the 22nd I had the interview I mentioned and to be completely honest I don't think I did as well as I hoped and I just wasn't too happy with how it went, I'm now still waiting to hear back from them as to whether I've got it or not,
Although I'm not sure whether I want to take it now as it was a little far compared to some places near me that are now looking for people to work the Christmas period
But I guess all I can say for the interview is at least I tried and I mean it was my first official interview

23rd September:

I ended my social media detox on the 23rd, honestly I love taking time away from social media for even just a few days

I also posted the final update to my summer bucket list on my blog (You can find that here if you'd like to read it)

I also posted my Q&A on my channel on the 23rd too (You can find that here if you'd like to watch that)

On the 23rd I also gained another subscriber on my YouTube channel, making it 16 now, I'm only 4 away from my next goal of 20 subscribers!

I also noticed on the 23rd that I had hit 260 followers on Twitter

24th September:

On the 24th it was back to the gym for the first time in a while, I went with Tamanna,
It was really nice though to get back in the gym and get back working out and stretching properly again

After the gym we went into the shop next to the gym and I picked up a cookie mix in a bottle (blog post hopefully coming soon on this) 


We then went to Costa for lunch and I got a ham and cheese toastie,
I'll put a pic here


Then as we were leaving Costa I also got a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows to take out (although I always ask for the marshmallows separate haha, I don't like when they put them in the hot chocolate)


After Costa we went to Tesco and I tried on some clothes, I didn't buy anything again as like I didn't have enough on me, I wasn't expecting to try stuff on this day, I also like to try things on and then if I like them I can go and get them when I have the money on me, again I'll put in some pics here


This top I really love and I think would be perfect for the Christmas season as something dressy


I'm not sure whether I like this jumper the fit was nice I'm just not sure on the colour


This is a purple version of the black top, again I really like it but I'm not sure if I prefer this
or the black

Then finally we went to Currys as my laptop charger randomly stopped working the other day

28th September:

On the 28th I posted videos on my Instagram story of me talking on Insta stories for the first time which was really fun to do

29th September:

On the 29th we were at my Auntie's and we got something from the fish and chip shop for lunch (I got chicken nuggets, chips and gravy, it's funny I rarely ever get fish and chips from a fish and chip shop) and then we had the choice of two fresh cream cakes for dessert, I had the chocolate one as the other had jam in and I don't like jam
I'll put a pic of it here


Also on the 29th I noticed my pinned tweet about my first YouTube video had passed 1000 impressions (it had 1166 last time I checked it)

30th September:

Finally, on the 30th I hit 930 followers on Pinterest (you can follow me here if you like)
I'm getting so close to 1k on there, it's so exciting!

And those are all of my highlights from September,
I'll put all previous highlights post here, like I always do:
Let me know one thing you loved in September,

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you soon for another blog post,
Hanna x

24 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Posts like this always make me feel more motivated for the month ahead, seeing everyone achieve so many things! Congrats on going for a job interview, it's a nerve wracking thing and although you didn't think you did amazing, it it still great experience! xx

    www.laurenannbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I love writing them too, it's a nice way to look back on the month. Aw, thank you so much, yeah it's so nerve wracking haha xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a great way to look back at the month! ☺️

    Jenny • https://sparkleandstyleblogger.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reflection posts, to look back over the month! You had such a good month, by the sounds of it! I love the dungarees- mad to get a pair myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yeah I'm heading back to new look today to get them haha

      Delete
  4. Wow seems as though you had a pretty busy September! This is such a cool concept as you can go back and look at all the things you did and see how far you’ve come! Also that cookie jar looks so yum, such a cute idea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you! I know right to cookie bottle is so cute! Can't wait to make it and it only cost me £1!

      Delete
  5. Great post - I need to do something like this to realise that I am productive and what i actually get up to as I am always forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to always forget things I'd done in a month and so at the beginning of this year I started writing down in my phone everything I did in a month and creating these posts, I love that they are a way to look back over what I did 😊

      Delete
  6. Wow sounds like you've had a very busy September! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm so happy with how much I got done last month x

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you had a fab month - also, I'd totally recommend getting Bloglovin' as it's so easy to use and helps with growing a community!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you! I might have to give it a try then because I feel like not too many people use the blogger or follow by email options anymore x

      Delete
  8. You’ve had a busy month, I’ve never actually seen any posts like this before but it sure does make you feel motivated for the month ahead. What a fab post xx

    Rachelsdiariesuk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, but I love busy months, it means more to write about haha. Thank you so much! x

      Delete
  9. Hi hanna, Great post. Congrats on all the achievements over the month. keep up the good work!I look forward to reading more posts! x

    Linda || Lindaroche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked the post x

      Delete
  10. I’m in love with the purple, sparkly top! It’s gorgeous and looks great on you 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I want to go back and buy one of the sparkly tops soon :)

      Delete
  11. Oh wow you’ve been super busy blogging and vlogging this September ! I’ve tried those let’s bake bottles they’re so cool! Can only find them in b&m though

    Https://www.glitzandglamourmakeup.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but I love a busy month, gives me more to write haha. I haven't gotten around to trying mine yet, I've seen some in wilko too recently x

      Delete
  12. It looks like you had a busy September! I am going to go check out your Kylie video!

    ReplyDelete