Wednesday 23 June 2021

The End Of An Era & Being Honest With You Guys

Hey guys,

Welcome back to my blog or welcome if you're new!

Today's post is super different, I'm not too sure how to intro this so, let's just get right on into it shall we?


So to get straight to the point I have come to the difficult decision after four years to stop blogging,

I don't know right now if this will be permanent or just a long break but what I do know is I've thought long and hard about it and I've been praying about it too and it feels right at this time

It's been an amazing 4 years and I'm so thankful to all of you who chose to read even one post on my blog (even if it's this one), I'm so proud of what I've achieved over those 4 years and it helped my confidence a lot blogging

Lately however blogging has stopped being fun, I haven't been motivated or inspired and if I'm being honest I haven't been enjoying writing posts for a while now, my break in October helped but then I just get so demotivated and uninspired so easily again, maybe I burned myself out too soon blogging so often (I mean I did blogmas 2 years in a row haha), maybe the passion isn't there any more, I'm not entirely sure


At first I thought it was just this past year in a pandemic making me unmotivated (and maybe it was to an extent) but I know I've not been putting my all into my blog as of recently and I always want to put out my best content, whether its on YouTube, Instagram or here, for you guys

If anything this pandemic probably made me realise that I wasn't enjoying blogging like I used to, honestly I felt a bit lost for a while this past year, wondering what I really wanted to do and after a fair few months of thought I decided blogging isn't it right now, I also feel like I want to put more of my time into YouTube lately, that feels like where I should be making content at this time, as well as putting more time into dance too


Like I said this decision hasn't been easy, part of me felt like I was throwing away 4 years of work and another part of me feels like it's time to step away from the blog, temporarily or permanently, I'm not sure yet

I hope this doesn't disappoint anyone and my blog will remain public so you can visit it at any time to read or to look at your favourite posts from the last 4 years, I also hope you guys understand, honestly I'm worried I'm letting people down stopping the blog

I'll still be on both my main Instagram and my dance Instagram, as well as my YouTube channel (hopefully more frequently)


To end this post I thought I'd share just some of my favourite posts and memories from my blog these past 4 years (in no particular order) and feel free to leave yours in the comments on this post, I'd love to hear them!


I've written so many posts I'm really proud of and that I love but one favourite that's also a favourite moment from blogging that came to mind first would have to be my one year photo shoot






These photos were so much fun to take (thank you Tamanna!) and it was such a fun day, even if it was cold haha

I low-key miss my blonde highlights, even if it did somewhat destroy my hair with the bleaching

I also remember a guy walking his dog looking at me funny taking these haha


Another favourite post and moment on my blog would have to be when I showed my face on here for the first time,

For those who maybe don't know, when I started blogging I didn't show my face at all on here or my Instagram and so when I felt ready I posted a blog post titled 'Introducing Myself Properly' where I shared a picture of myself for the first time and shared some facts about myself


The next favourite post is my Holding Onto Summer post,





It was so fun to do a roundup of summer 2017 on my blog like this

Looking back on this post has made me miss Wales so much haha and just basically being able to go on holiday properly


The next favourite post and just an all around great day was documented in my 'OOTD, Cute Ice Cream Shop And MAC Eyeshadow Palette!' post





This day out with Tamanna was so fun! (As always) But on this particular day we tried a little ice cream shop we'd never been too

The staff were so nice as well and let us take photos inside and of all of the decor, Tamanna we definitely need to go here again one day!


The next post is my 'Two Years Without My Best Friend' post, this post means a lot to me as we lost out family dog Guinness in 2016, so before I started my blog and through this post I got to share a bit about what he was like with you guys





I'll never forget the day I met him, I'm not 100% sure how old I was but I was really young and we had family over

As soon as my parents brought him in he came straight to me and sat on my lap and I like to say we were best friends ever since, I literally grew up with this beautiful boy

The puppy in the 2nd picture is Blaze haha, he was so little!


Next we have my 'Day Out: Clothes, Pizza And Baking Ingredients' post,

Day out posts were my favourite posts to write as they were just a little insight into what I got up to and my life

This is also one of my most viewed blog posts, which is cool!


Another day out post next, this one is my 'Day Out: Bowling, KFC and Pink Hot Chocolate?!' post

This day out was so much fun and, fun fact, this is the last time me and Tamanna met up and hung out before the pandemic



This hot chocolate was so fun!


Another super fun post was a challenge I did, 'Eating Only Pancakes For A Day!'

I did this challenge last pancake day and I must say I was tired of eating pancakes after haha


A post that I'm proud of myself for even posting would definitely be my 'I'm Ready To Talk About This...' post

If you haven't read it, basically, it's the post where I first said I have anxiety and it felt so right to share it at that time


I'm gonna leave those there as (in true Hanna style) this post is probably crazy long now haha but I have so many more favourite moments and posts from the past 4 years

Thank you so much for all of the support over these 4 years, as I said earlier I have no idea right now whether this will be a long break or if this will be the final post on my blog but I'm so thankful and grateful for what you guys have helped me achieve with my blog, I love you guys so much, each of you mean so much to me

If you want more content from me you can find me on my YouTube channel, my main Instagram or my dance Instagram

And if you want content like mine, check out my best friend Tamanna:

Oh, and Tamanna, since I know you read my posts, if you're still reading this far (it's a really long post, even for me! haha) thank you for being the one to push me to start a blog knowing I wanted to but was too nervous and thank you for being such a great best friend who always pushes me to do everything I want to do

You're the best!


Maybe I'll see you guys soon on here, maybe not, let's just see where the future and God's plans take me,

Wow that was kind of a sad post to write haha,

Bye guys!


Hanna x

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww Hanna it is the need of an era! :’( I found you through your blog! Never feel as though you are letting people down though. The right thing to do is follow your heart! Go and have fun and put your time into what is making your heart glow right now! :) It’s bitter sweet! I’m so happy to hear you’re stilling keeping up your YouTube. I can’t wait to see you next video!

    Much love from,

    Ellie <3 xx
    https://elliebowsandsparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I’m glad you started your blog and you enjoyed it. Sometimes we just have to end thing, but that’s okay! Definitely go for something you enjoy creating! And I can’t wait to see more content on your YouTube xxx
    Tamanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you write make it especially trouble-free to read. And the design you use, wow. Its a really good combination. And I am wondering what is the name of the theme you use? Elly's Kitchen Tips

    ReplyDelete