Sunday 30 May 2021

April Highlights (2021)

 Hey guys,

Welcome back to my blog or welcome if you're new!

Today I'm sharing my April highlights, I know I'm really late with this post as it's nearly June haha, but I recently had an issue with my blog that resulted in me putting it on private temporarily, long story short it appears to have been a glitch as many people had the same problem but that's why this post is even later than intended

If you're new here my highlights posts are a round up of the 'best moments' from or month or things I want to share with you guys, essentially highlights from the month, hence the name

Before we get started be sure to follow my blog if you haven't already, the options are in the right side bar

Now, let's get started, shall we?

3rd

On the 3rd I went to Tesco with my Mum to get some ingredients to make mini egg cookie bars and I got some new baking trays in Wilko too


Later we had a takeaway for tea and I got the chicken supreme burger I've mentioned before in a highlights post (two chicken burgers, cheese between each of them and a hash brown on top in a bread bun) and chips


4th

I baked the mini egg cookie bars on the 4th, I've made these a few times before and they turned out so good




The only thing I did do different this time is I used Smartie eggs as the shop was out of mini eggs haha


5th

Since the 5th was Easter Monday me and my family played Nintendo switch games together

I ordered a new switch game for myself on the 5th too, I ordered the Dogs and Cats one


6th

Me and my Mum went to pick up my new switch game and I started playing it, it's such a cute game, you can feed dogs and cats, dress them up, brush them, take them on walks, it's so cute!

It's kind of like Nintendogs (Who remembers that old school DS game?!)


7th

On the 7th I stretched for the first time in April and did two stretching routines


I also attempted to follow some drawing tutorials on the 7th, one was this one for a cute watermelon and this was the other for Dom's dodge charger from Fast and Furious (I forgot to take a picture of the drawings so I'll add one soon, sorry guys)


8th

I ordered another switch game on the 8th, this one was Fitness Boxing as I wanted a new way to work out and thought I could learn something new in the process


9th

I stretched again on the 9th 


The Fitness Boxing switch game arrived on the 9th too so I tried that out, it's genuinely such a fun way to workout and it's fun to learn some boxing too, would definitely recommend


11th

On the 11th I did the Fitness Boxing workout again and learnt some new moves

I also stretched again, I did a 10 minute Anna McNulty stretch


I then watched through the vlog I filmed in March and exported it before uploading it and making a thumbnail

You can find it here if you haven't seen it yet


12th

On the 12th I baked a loaf cake for the first time, I made a double chocolate one (I'll link the recipe I used here)




It turned out so good! I was so happy with it and especially since I'd never baked any loaf cakes before haha

I definitely need to make this again soon, it was delicious, would definitely recommend


I also had some loaf cake mixture left as my tin wasn't the right size (I didn't know there were different loaf tin sizes haha) so I made some loaf cake cupcakes, which were also amazing!

I didn't get a picture though, sorry


And as if that wasn't enough I made some vanilla cupcakes too (Can you tell I've found a love for baking this past year?)

Again, really sorry, I forgot to get a picture haha


I also somehow fit in a Fitness Boxing workout and stretch too haha


13th

I finally posted my March Highlights post on the 13th, I'll link it here if you're interested and haven't read it yet


16th

The 16th was my 4 years of blogging 'bloggiversary'!

I can't believe I've been blogging for 4 years now, I still remember my 1 year photo shoot I did with Tamanna like it was yesterday haha

Thank you so much for all of the support on my blog it means so much!


And then, you guessed it, I did Fitness Boxing again then a 30 minute stretch, I'm really trying to get my splits this year haha


18th

On the 18th we sat outside in the garden for most of the day, who else is missing the warm weather? Can it come back already, please?


20th

The 20th was my parents' silver wedding anniversary so I gave them their presents and card


The 20th also would've been our dog Guinness' birthday (he passed away in 2016) and although some may think it's odd I always get him a card each year and put it near his urn


Oh and I also did Fitness boxing and two stretches, you can tell the boxing game is a fun workout based on how much I use it haha


23rd

I did a boxing workout once again and stretched (Sorry if you're sick of hearing that, honestly I'm sick of typing it ahaha, I'll stop typing it after this one)

The main reason I'm mentioning it yet again and not skipping this day is because I got super close to my right leg over split on the 23rd, probably the closest I've been yet (be sure to follow my dance instagram to stay updated with my progress)


25th

The 25th was my older sisters birthday so we took her presents and took my nieces' late Christmas presents (rules followed of course)

My youngest nieces reaction to everything was so freakin' cute! Everything she opened was a "Yay!" or "I like that!" or "I wanted that, thank you!" haha


I also ordered some flat boots from Matalan on the 25th as I barely have any flat shoes haha


26th

On the 26th I put up a blog post, it's '10 Bible Verses To Uplift You', I'll link it here if that's something you're interested in reading


I also took some updated flexibility pictures on the 26th as I've made a fair bit of progress


28th

The boots I ordered arrived at Matalan on the 28th so me and my Mum went to pick them up

I'll put a picture of them here (it's not the best, sorry haha)




At first I wasn't sure how I felt about them but I really love them now


I then went to Costa and got a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows haha


I ordered some more boots on the 28th too, I noticed the studded ones I wanted before the other flat ones were available in a 3 so thought I'd see if they would fit (I'm usually a 4 in boots but sometimes a 3 haha, my actual shoe size is 3.5 so it's awkward lol)


30th

I posted on both my main Instagram and my dance Instagram on the 30th

I'll link the main post here and the dance post here if you're interested, the dance post is a splits update so be sure to check it out as well as this story highlight to see the difference from last year to now


And those are all of my highlights from April, I hope you guys enjoyed this post, if you did be sure to follow my blog for more and feel free to drop me a comment with any post ideas, also leave me a comment letting me know what one of your highlights last month was

Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you very soon with another blog post,

Bye guys!


Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment