Wednesday 5 August 2020

Update On My 2020 Goals

Hey guys,
So today I'm going to be updating you on how I'm getting on with the goals I set back at the beginning of this year,
Now obviously this year hasn't really gone as anyone planned so far, but I thought I would update you guys anyway, even though some things I haven't been able to do with everything going on right now,
But anyway lets get into it, shall we? I'm just gonna go down the list and say what I've completed, started, not completed etc
Okay, so if you've seen my 2020 goals list you'll know I categorised them, so first up are my dance and fitness goals
  • Start Dancing Again
Obviously with lockdown and everything going on right now dance studios have been closed (I think some are reopening now) so I haven't been able to start classes again right now but I have been working on dance from home whenever I've felt like it so I guess I've kind of started this one
I've done some ballet from home a little bit so far and I've tried to learn choreography online too so it's a start whilst being home
I'm going to be honest I haven't done ballet in a little while though but I'm still doing dance related stuff

If anyone is interested I recently started a dance Instagram account where I'm sharing all things dance related, I don't have a ton of posts yet but I do hope to post some of my own choreography soon
  • Dance more/work harder on dance
I'd say I've started this one too, I've been using a lot of my time since lockdown started to learn choreo, do ballet, learn stuff, stretch etc, it's definitely become more of a focus while being at home so that I'm more prepared for classes when I can go to them
  • Get a job in dance
I haven't completed this as I think only some studios have started re-opening right now so there aren't really any jobs in that for me at the moment I don't feel, but once it's fully safe, and when I assume studios will be looking again, I'll be applying
  • Start stretching more and gain back some of the flexibility I gained last year
This one I'm actually doing really well with! I completed Alfie Deyes' 30 day fitness challenge not too long ago and I used that as motivation to start working out and stretching more
Obviously I didn't stretch the whole 30 days but I did quite often and I've definitely seen a difference again in my flexibility, including my back flexibility and my back is like my least flexible haha
And then recently I finished Anna McNulty's 2 week middle splits challenge and that seems to have helped a fair bit


  • Actually get my over splits (or even my middle split)
As I said before I’ve been stretching more and I do feel I’m gaining flexibility
Not too long ago when I was stretching I actually felt so much closer to my over splits so hopefully if I keep stretching I can get at least one of my splits by the end of this year haha
As for middle splits like I said I recently finished Anna's challenge and as you can see in the picture above I made a fair bit of progress
  • Actually go to the gym more
Okay so this one was happening until gyms closed
Before the gym closed I actually went 3 weeks in a row and I was really loving going once a week so when everything is safe again I definitely want to get back into it again as I feel like that was helping my flexibility too
  • Finally upload a video of my own choreography
So I haven’t done this one on YouTube yet but I did post some of my own choreo on my Instagram stories a while ago (you can find it in the highlight here) and then like I said I’ve started a dance account on Instagram and I hope to post some of my own choreo on there sometime
I am also still hoping to do this on YouTube though when I can book a studio to film in so I have more space
  • Make and upload more general dance content
I haven’t got around to this on my channel yet, so if you have any dance content ideas let me know in the comments on this post

Now for the updates on my blog and YouTube goals

  • Work harder on my blog
Honestly I feel like I started out the year working a little harder on my blog but then recently I’ve not been as motivated but I feel like I'm slowly getting my motivation back haha

  • Work harder on my YouTube channel
Again I feel like I was doing so well with this until lockdown and then I stopped filming for a while as everyone was home all the time but now that my Dad is back at work and my Mum goes to my Nana's to do medication for her etc I've had more time to start filming again so if you have any video ideas let me know in the comments too

  • Reach anywhere between 50k to 100k total views on my blog
Honestly I forgot I'd put this goal as 50k minimum haha, for some reason I thought it was 30k
But anyway, I'm currently at nearly 27k, so who knows? Maybe it'll still be reachable haha although I'm thinking I should've set the goal to 30k

  • Reach 5k total views on my YouTube channel
I'm currently at 2k so here's hoping I can reach 5k by the end of the year

  • Hit anywhere between 100 and 500 subscribers on my channel
When I set this goal even 100 felt like so far away (I had 44 at the time), but I recently hit 100 subscribers! I'm currently at 102 whilst writing this, so thank you to anyone who has subscribed
I did actually hit it yesterday but then I lost it and today I've hit it again, so here's hoping it stays this time haha

If you aren't subscribed to my channel and you'd like to you can find it here

  • Have an upload schedule on YouTube
I haven't done this yet as with the UK still being under some restrictions I'm not filming a ton and so I'm just uploading whenever I have something filmed and edited haha

Now for the update on my social media goals

  • Reach anywhere between 900 and 1k followers on Instagram
When I wrote this goal I had been stuck in the 800s for so long haha but now I've completed this as I hit 900 followers a little while ago (I'm a 941 right now), I would love to get to 1k by the end of the year still though haha

  • Put more time into Instagram pictures and posts
I feel like this one hasn't really happened as such, I did recently do an at home photoshoot (I filmed a GRWM to take the photos, you can find it here if you're interested) but I feel like had lockdown not have happened this one would've gone better as I could've gone to different places to take more photos haha

  • Reach anywhere between 400 to 500 followers on Twitter
I haven't completed this one I'm pretty sure, but I haven't checked as I stopped using Twitter maybe a couple of months ago, I just wasn't enjoying Twitter anymore so decided to stop using it
So I will also be removing this goal from the list as it no longer applies haha

I'm currently at 951 so I'm getting close, I definitely need to start using Pinterest more again though haha, I used to be obsessed

And finally for the updates on the goals that didn't really fit into a category haha

  • Try new things
I've probably done this one but I can't think of an example right now haha sorry

  • Be more adventurous
I mean lockdown kind of put a stop to this one, so it currently remains uncompleted haha

  • Bake more
At the beginning of lockdown I baked a couple of things but I haven't baked in a little while, so I'd say this is incomplete for now haha

  • Try new recipes
Off the top of my head I can think of one somewhat new for me recipe I tried and that was a pasta recipe I saw Justin and Hailey Bieber make, it was essentially a tomato and cheese pasta with sausage but it was sooo good, I need to make it again sometime

And those are all of the goals I set at the beginning of this year updated haha,
I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did be sure to follow my blog, you can find the follow buttons in the sidebar
Let me know in comments what's one goal you set at the beginning of this year that you've completed

Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you soon for another blog post,
Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. Great post! You've achieved a lot so far this year. You should be really proud!

    I suppose one thing that I've achieved was attending a taster session for a performance school with my secondary school dance class. It was really fun and something I've always wanted to do.

    However, I really hope to get my GCSEs soon and because of the current situation, I don't know what I'm going to get. I hope the results are what I wanted so that I can complete another resolution but I don't know. 😂🤷‍♀️

    It's been difficult to complete my resolutions this year because of Covid-19 but I'm glad you've managed to keep on top of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds like so much fun!
      Good luck, I hope you get what you want 🤞🏻
      I definitely get what you mean, I feel like it put everyone's resolutions on hold to some extent 🙈

      Delete