Wednesday 8 January 2020

My Goals For 2020!

Hey guys,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
So for my first post of this year I'm going to be sharing my goals for 2020,
I've tried to keep them mostly achievable but some are a little more ambitious too, you've gotta dream big right?! haha
Anyway, let's just get into it shall we?

Okay, so I decided to somewhat categorise them this year as I didn't last year and I feel like it makes it easier to read and just makes it make a little more sense haha

First let's start with dance and fitness goals (there are quite a few haha)

  • Start Dancing Again
Ok, so what I mean by this is, obviously I've danced myself at home a lot recently but I haven't been in a studio or in a class for a while
Basically the place I was doing ballet previously couldn't keep my spot for me anymore as I wasn't there (I wasn't there because after my Mum had her knee replacement there was no one to take me to dance)
So yeah, I want to start dancing again properly this year, I'm thinking of starting contemporary again as I haven't had a class in that for a couple of years

  • Dance More/Work Harder On Dance
As well as getting back into dance classes to make this one happen, I also want to hire a studio from time to time and just go in and practice stuff and just dance freely in a big open space
I also got a turn board for Christmas so I'd like to take that to a studio and practice my turns too and I'd just like to better my technique and knowledge/ability in dance

  • Get A Job In Dance
Ok, I know get a job itself has been on my goals lists for a while but this time I'm being more specific
I'm one of those people who doesn't see myself in a 'normal' job, I want to be that person who gets the job of my dreams and one of my dream jobs is to teach dance
I'm also that person who likes to prove people wrong and I've had people tell me that dance 'isn't a proper job' and so I want to prove them wrong by doing it as a job

  • Start Stretching More Again And Gain Back Flexibility I Gained Last Year
So for those who don’t follow me on Instagram or didn’t see, last summer I did a month long flexibility challenge, it was created by Anna McNulty (a youtuber) who does a lot of stretching videos etc
At the end of the challenge I noticed my flexibility had improved in a lot of ways, my back had gained flexibility (and my back is my least flexible haha) and I was closer than ever to my right leg over splits
I’ll put in some before and after pic of all three of my splits here

Right leg over split:






Left Leg Over Split:





Middle Split:





They aren’t the best pics but you get the point
All of my splits overall improved quite noticably and I was super happy with the results

And then after that unfortunately I kind of fell out of the habit of stretching again, so I’d like to gain that back and actually get my splits this year now that I know stretching got me super close before

  • Actually Get My Over Splits (Or Even My Middle Splits)
I mentioned this above but thought I would set it as it's own goal, so here it is haha
As I said before I got super close to my splits last year, even my middle split started to get closer with stretching regularly so I definitely want to achieve this one this year

  • Actually Go To The Gym More
I haven't been to the gym in a while and I kind of miss it haha
I'd love to start working out more this year and I mean it would help for dance too so why not
I also stretch when I go to the gym so it would help that too haha

  • Finally Upload A Video Of My Own Choreography
I set this as a goal at the beginning of 2019 and there were a few pieces of my choreography that I considered sharing but I'd either just forget about it or think it wasn't good enough (I'm a perfectionist), then I started a piece to Lose You To Love Me by Selena Gomez and even though it wasn't as good as most dance videos on YouTube (obviously, as I'm not a professional) I really liked it and I was going to film it and share it but then came two main problems, it was near Christmas when I considered filming so money wasn't exactly on my side for a studio haha and I started to have an issue with my left knee and basically I get pain in it lately and some of the moves, even just really simple ones, were making my knee hurt
I don't know how to explain it but it's like a weird pulling type feeling in the front of my knee
But yeah so I knew at that point I probably shouldn't dance too much until I find out what's going on there, so in the end even if I had have had the money for a studio I wouldn't have been able to film it anyway which is sad because I felt ready to share it with you guys haha

Anyway, ramble over, once I know what's going on with my knee and what I can do about it and when I can dance again etc I will film a dance video as soon as possible

  • Make And Upload More General Dance Content
As well as sharing my own choreography with you guys I would also like to start making and uploading more videos about dance in general, whether that be more Q&As about it or anything like that
If you have any dance related video ideas let me know in the comments

Next blog and YouTube goals

  • Work Harder On My Blog
This year I would like to try and get back into blogging a little more again and start posting a little bit more again

  • Work Harder On My YouTube Channel
I would also like to work a little harder on my channel, I already tend to work more on my channel than my blog but I'd like to upload more videos this year

  • Reach anywhere between 50k to 100k total views on my blog
Last year I set the goal of 20k and managed to reach it so I'm going high with this one again this year
I have made it a little more open though so that I'm not setting it too low or high haha

  • Reach 5k Views On My YouTube Channel
Okay, I may have gone big on this one but we'll see as the year goes on
Like I said I wanna upload more this year so hopefully that will help me reach this goal

  • Hit Anywhere Between 100 and 500 Subscribers On My Channel
Again I've given myself a lower an slightly higher option here as currently on my channel I only have 44 subscribers (it was 45 a couple of days ago but I lost one yesterday haha)
I would really love to just make it into triple figures with my subscriber count this year, again I'm hoping uploading more etc will help achieve this

  • Have An Upload Schedule (On YouTube)
I'm not sure yet if I'm going to leave this on the list, I do want to upload more on my channel as I've mentioned a few times and I would like to be more organised with it too but I also don't want to stress if I can't get a video up on time for whatever reason


Now for social media goals

  • Reach Anywhere Between 900 And 1k Followers On Instagram
I've been stuck in the 800's for quite some time with followers now and it would be nice to get out of them and into the 900's or ever to reach 1000 haha
I know followers and numbers aren't everything but I thought I'd include these goals anyway haha

  • Put More Time Into Instagram Pictures And Posts
Don't get me wrong I love how my feed looks at the moment and I've loved previous Instagram 'photoshoots' I've done previously but I would like to try and up my game a little with those photoshoots this year

  • Reach Anywhere Between 400 and 500 Followers On Twitter
Twitter is the social media I find it hardest to gain followers on as I just tend to use Instagram more as it's more interactive for followers
I've also been stuck at a certain number for kind of a while on here too and that is the 300's so I would like to even just get into the 400's
I do feel like it would maybe help if I started using hashtags like on my Instagram, let me know in the comments if you do this and if it helps

  • Reach 1k Followers On Pinterest
I think this may have been a goal last year that I set when I used Pinterest a lot, I don't however use it as much lately but I'd like to start using it more again


And finally the goals that don't come under any of the other categories

  • Try New Things
This one is pretty self explainitary really, I'd just like to try at least one new thing this year

  • Be More Adventurous
Again this one kind of speaks for itself but I'd like to do at least one adventurous thing this year too

  • Bake More
I'd love to learn to bake properly on my own this year and be able to make more things whenever I feel like it

  • Try New Recipes
I guess this could tie in with baking above or mean more savoury options like pasta etc

And that's everything I can think of for now, I might add some more if I think of any but I think this list is long enough as it is haha

So that brings us to the end of this post,
Let me know in the comments what one of your goals for this year is

Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you very soon for another blog post,
Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. Love the ambitious approach to the new year and the beginning of a new decade! I too would like to begin teaching dance (primarily in ballroom and Latin to begin with) as when I start sixth form there will be an option to form a club, so I think that will form the basis of my future dance school. You're a very determined person, I'm sure, so I know you'll achieve many of these goals! ❤️😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's good to be ambitious or you'll never reach your goals :)
      That sounds so fun, I personally just think teaching is more for me haha
      Aw, thank you, that means a lot x

      Delete