Wednesday 8 July 2020

Bible Quotes/Verses To Help You In This Strange Time

Hey guys,
Today I'm posting a super different post, now before we get into this I just wanted to say that I know this won't be for everyone and that's fine, but today I'm going to be sharing some Bible quotes I've read (and loved) that I feel will relate to this time we're in right now
So without further a-do lets get into it shall we?
Psalm 56:3
"When I am afraid, I put my trust in you"

You may have seen this in my Instagram bio, it's been one of my favourites for a couple of years now

Isaiah 41:10
"Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"

Psalm 46:8
"Come, behold the works of the Lord, how he has brought desolations on the earth"

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope"

Matthew 19:26
"But Jesus looked at them and said, "with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible""

Psalm 130:5
"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope"

Luke 12:25
"And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?"

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans"

This one is in my dance Instagram account bio as it's a new found favourite of mine

Psalm 27:1
"The Lord is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?"

Psalm 55:2
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall"

Phillipians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"

Psalm 46:1
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble"

Psalm 34:4
"I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears"

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind"

Mark 5:36
"Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe""

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"

Psalm 119:105
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path"

This again has been a verse I've loved for many years and fun fact Justin Bieber has this tattooed on him which is how I found this verse in the first place haha

Okay, so there you go, there are a fair few Bible quotes/verses if you need a little pick me up at this weird time we're going through right now
As you can tell Psalm is one of my favourite sections of the Bible haha
Honestly I feel like I've definitely felt closer to God and Jesus at this time than I have in so long and I feel like I trust in my faith more than ever, and I'm definitely learning more scripture too

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this different kind of post, let me know if you'd like to see more posts like this
Also let me know in the comments what your favourite Bible verse is or which one from this post you liked the most

Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you guys very soon for another blog post,
Hanna x

3 comments:

  1. Oh Hanna this post is so special. Religion is something I hold quietly but closely to my heart. I've been having a very difficult time of recent with big things that have been spanning over years for me and I'm at a bit of a sticky point at the moment. I recently connected with a friend who shared some really special parts of the Bible, Jesus, God and Christianity with me but I've felt a little overwhelmed to embrace it, I'm not sure why, maybe fear of not knowing as much as others about the Bible/ religion - despite believing almost feeling not good enough to.

    I just saw your post in my emails and it brought comfort to my heart in such an anxious and unsure time. Thank you lovely. My favourite from the post is Proverbs 16:3

    "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans"

    There were definitely a few others that spoke to my heart too.

    Wishing you all the best of blessings lovely! Keeping doing all that makes your heart smile and yourself come alive :)

    Ellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I used to be so quiet about it but recently decided I'm going to talk about it and not worry what anyone else thinks
      I hope you feel better and get it all figured out soon x
      I totally understand I used to feel the same and I totally relate to the fear of not knowing as much, but it's not about what you know, it's about what you believe :)

      You're welcome, that's one of my favourites too, I feel like it can be applied to all aspects of life

      Aw, thank you! You too x

      Delete
    2. Thank you so kindly lovely. You're the sweetest :). Always believing :).

      xx

      Delete