Saturday 1 September 2018

August Highlights


Hey guys,
It's the 1st of September and if you read my blog regularly you'll know that means it's time for another monthly highlights,
I really love writing these each month as I feel like they'll be nice to look back on at the end of the year,

This post is also my 100th post! I can't believe I've written 100 posts!
Thank you to anyone of you who read on a regular basis and leave comments, you all help keep me motivated to keep writing these posts

Anyway, with all that said let's get into my highlights for August then shall we?

2nd August:

On the 2nd I hit 570 followers on Instagram

The 2nd was also the day I 'vlogged' in public for the first time, this was for the Instagram Followers Control My Life For A Day video I filmed that day

3rd August:

On the 3rd we went to visit my Dad at work and went to a sandwich/burger van,
I got a cheese burger and then got a hot chocolate from the coffee machine at Dad's work

4th August:

On the 4th I went to Matalan to look for something for my Uncle's party, I didn't end up finding anything so I dug out my old black jump suit and my glittery sandals for the night

The 4th was also the night of my Uncle's party, which was super fun!

I actually have a boomerang of the sparkle from my sandals haha, I'll put that here



5th August:

On the 5th I hit 580 followers on Instagram, I'm super happy with how my Instagram is growing at the moment

6th August:

The 6th was the day I finished editing the Instagram followers video

I also filmed 3 other videos this day but I'm not sure on a couple so I might end up re filming

I also started writing my birthday wish list on the 6th too

7th August:

On the 7th I hit 590 followers on Instagram

I also joined an engagement group on Instagram where basically people share Instagram posts and blog posts etc and you can share yours and then it gets everyone more engagement if that makes sense
It's actually really fun as it's an opportunity to talk to new people as well

8th August:

On the 8th I picked the ring my parents would be getting me for my birthday but I had to have it sent for resizing

I also hit 600 followers on Instagram (I lost this a couple of days later haha)

On the 8th my Mum also ordered the MAC eyeshadow in the shade Amber Lights and a mini Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray to get me for my birthday

9th August:

On the 9th after the gym me and Tamanna went to the arcade near by for a little bit since the 10th was my birthday
Tamanna also gave me my birthday present which was a cute tin of shortbread biscuits, which I loved

10th August:

The 10th was my 21st birthday!
I opened all of my presents in the morning (I have a what I got for my birthday post up here if you haven't seen it and are interested to find out what I got) then we got ready to go to an aquarium about an hour away from us
I filmed at the aquarium, the video should be up next week (you can subscribe to my channel here if you'd like to see when I post that)
I'll put in pics from the aquarium here for anyone who maybe hasn't seen them in other posts







After the aquarium we went to pizza hut for a late lunch, I had a pan margherita pizza and a bowl of salad,
To drink I also got a strawberry milkshake,
I'll put in pics here,




Then on the way home we went to Tesco to get some Krispy Kreme doughnuts for dessert,
I got the chocolate sprinkle doughnut



I also bought a super cute penguin toy in the gift shop, I'll put in a picture of that here


11th August:

On the 11th my Auntie and Uncle came to our house as well as my Nana and we had a buffet and had my birthday cake too
I also got my present off my Auntie and Uncle on the 11th too
They got me a super cute 21 champagne flute although I don't drink but as my Auntie joked I can have my orange juice in it haha
I'll put  pictures of the champagne flute in here



12th August:

On the 12th my Mum and Dad went to go pick my Niece up as we were having her to stay for a week

I also uploaded my Instagram Followers video that day too (You can find that video here if you'd like to check it out)

I also posted my what I got for my birthday post on the 12th too

13th August:

On the 13th my Nana came to our house to see my Niece

14th August:

On the 14th we went to my Nana and Grandad's so they could see my Niece too

16th August:

On the 16th we took my Niece to the same aquarium we went to on my birthday and she absolutely loved it, she said her favourite thing was the penguins
I got a couple of things in the gift shop too, I got a turtle plush toy and a mug,
I'll put in pics here





I also got back up to 600 followers on Instagram

18th August:

On the 18th we took my Niece to see my Auntie and Uncle and we got fish and chips for lunch, well I got chicken nuggets, chips and gravy
We also bought a cheesecake for dessert, I was so hungry though I forgot to take pics haha sorry guys

19th August:

Not really a highlight but on the 19th my parents took my Niece home after a super fun week

21st August:

On the 21st I got my ring my parents got me for my birthday back from resizing
In case you haven't seen it I'll put a picture here



Ignore my chipped nail polish haha


Also on the 21st I started a few table charts to try and get more organised with scheduling blog posts and videos for the remainder of the year

23rd August:

On the 23rd I decided to email Kylie Cosmetics as I was getting a little worried as my order hadn't been shipped yet and I made the order on the 20th July

26th August:

On the 26th I gained a new subscriber which made it 7 subscribers total

I also noticed on the 26th that my views on YouTube had hit and passed 300 (It was at 313)

The 26th was also a great day for my blog as I hit 11,000 total page views, it still shocks me when I hit these big numbers, I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate all the love on my blog

29th August:

On the 29th I hit my first ever YouTube subscriber goal of 10 subscribers, I know to some this isn't a lot but I was honestly so happy, I appreciate every subscriber

I also hit 640 followers on Instagram too, like I said before I'm super happy with how much my Instagram is growing just lately

30th August:

On the 30th I hit 650 followers on Instagram

I also had an email saying my Kylie Cosmetics order had been shipped so I guess my email helped speed that up a little bit

Ok, so there are all of my highlights for August,
I hope you enjoyed reading this post, feel free to follow my blog if you like these posts and would like to see more (the follow options are in the side bar for desktop and at the bottom of the page for mobile devices),
Let me know in the comments one thing from August you loved,
Also if you have any Autumn blog post or video suggestions leave them in the comments too, I'd love some more ideas

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you soon for another post,
Hanna x

4 comments:

  1. Hanna this was the absolute sweetest post and I loved it so much! Your life seems so happy, thoughtful and calm and I think that’s what makes it so enjoyable in reading about your month! Gosh my favourite highlight of August is a hard one because there’s so many! I think I’d have to say my friend’s Birthday week, passing my theory and driving a car for the first time!

    Ellie Xx
    https://elliebowsandsparkles.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo Hanna my apologies I forgot to say, I’d love to see like your daily Autumn makeup or Autumn makeup additions this season! Lots of makeup stuff :D !

      Ellie Xx
      https://elliebowsandsparkles.blogspot.com/?m=1

      Delete
    2. Aw, thank you so much! That's amazing congrats on passing your theory.
      Thank you for the ideas, I'll put them on my list x

      Delete
    3. Awww Hanna thank you so much! :D And you are most welcome! So excited to see what Autumn holds for your blog loveliest! :)

      Ellie Xx

      Delete