Monday 1 April 2019

Where I've Been And March Highlights

Hey guys,
I'm back! So for those who don't know I decided after posting my February Highlights post that I wanted to take a month off of blogging
The reason for this being I had been getting a lot of spam views and felt as though I couldn't determine what were real views and what were spam, at one point the spam views were actually higher than my actual views, this meant that when I would hit milestones it didn't feel as real as before as it felt like I was only hitting them because of spam views,
As well as that I just felt like my posts weren't as good as before, I feel like maybe over the last near two years of blogging I maybe put too much pressure on myself to post regularly that I just burnt myself out when it came to blogging, I wasn't as inspired and didn't have as many ideas as before as I'd done most of them already
Anyway, with all of that said I am back now, I'll admit I'm still a little stuck for ideas (if you have any leave them in the comments haha) but I'm working on that

Now with all of that said let's get into my March highlights:

2nd:

So, to kick of these March highlights on the second I went out with Tamanna for the day,
We went to the gym, then had Subway for lunch (I'll put in a pic here)


I decided to get something different so instead of turkey and ham I got ham and chicken pieces, I then also had cheese and sweetcorn on it
I love a good Subway sandwich and it was nice to try something a tiny bit different from my usual

We then went into B and M to have a look around and I bought some cereal bars, I felt like such an adult just buying cereal bars ahaha don't ask me why

Then I decided I wanted to take some pictures for Instagram (thank you Tamanna for taking them all for me)
I'll put in one of my faves here


The lighting wasn't the best as it was dark out and it was windy too but I like how the pictures turned out anyway

Then we went into the bowling place nearby and played in the arcade for a while
Overall it was a super fun day and guess what? I vlogged it! (You can find that vlog here if you're interested) I'm really loving vlogging already this year and I hope to do a lot more of it

3rd:

On the 3rd we had Nana over for dinner and we had ham, egg, some cute potato animals me and Dad found in Tesco and peas and sweetcorn


I also started and nearly finished editing the vlog I mentioned before

4th:

On the 4th I gained a new subscriber, making a total of 34

5th:

The 5th was Pancake Day, I ended up having 4 pancakes, I had 3 plain and added a tad bit of sugar to the 4th one
I also had some toaster pancakes later on too, I wanted to make the most of Pancake Day haha



I also gained yet another subscriber on the 5th, making 35 total, only 5 away from my next milestone of 40!

Also on the 5th I decided to give Instagram live a go, not gonna lie it didn't go as well as I expected, the first time I tried only 3 people joined but I ended it as Tamanna said it kept pausing
I then tried again and 4 people joined this time haha but it originally started out as just me and Tamanna chatting, me talking and her typing responses haha
I definitely want to give going live another go though sometime

6th:

On the 6th we got a McDonald's, I got chicken nuggets, fries and a strawberry milkshake but forgot to take a picture haha

7th:

This is kinda random but on the 7th I tried macaroni cheese for the first time, it was actually really nice, I mean I've had pasta with cheese before but never proper mac and cheese

8th:

I decided to film, edit and post a makeup video on Instagram on the 8th, I'll link it here if you're interested

I also finally managed to post my February 1 second a day video after numerous attempts since the 1st haha (again, I'll link it here if you're interested)

9th:

On the 9th we had chip shop for dinner and I got fish fingers, chips and beans for something a little different


I then had a custard doughnut for dessert


10th:

I finished editing the vlog I mentioned earlier on the 10th and uploaded it

11th:

Not so much a highlight, but on the 11th I emailed Colourpop as tracking hadn't updated for my Zoella x Colourpop order yet
They replied the same day and fixed the issue

12th:

On the 12th I did some French for the first time in ages, I'm so bad at consistently learning French, let me know if you have any tips on how to get better at keeping up with it more regularly

13th:

I decided to start getting to work on my one year on YouTube video (will be up in May) to get a head start so I wasn't last minute editing
I did however notice that I have lost the full edited footage for 4 of the videos I was going to use some clips from, I literally checked all 4 of my sd cards and my Dad's laptop as I store things on there from time to time as that's the laptop I edit on

15th:

My Zoella x Colourpop order finally arrived on the 15th!


I have since filmed a video doing a first impressions of all of the products and that should be up this Sunday

16th:

On the 16th we were at my Auntie and Uncle's for the day so we had chip shop for dinner again
This time I got chicken, chips and gravy with scraps of course


If there's one thing I love about chip shop dinners it's their gravy haha

This was also the day my Dad picked up my older sister and two nieces and brought them to my Auntie's to surprise everyone as my Nana and Auntie and Uncle haven't seen them since they moved back home

My youngest niece was then sat giving a couple of her crisps to my Auntie's dog haha

17th:

On the 17th my older sister and my two nieces came for tea
It was really fun to have them here and Blaze and Chase loved it haha

18th:

We were at my Nana's house on the 18th so I bought some stuff in the Co-op to make myself some pasta for lunch
I got some bolognese sauce, some chopped tomatoes and some feta cheese (literally one of my fave cheeses ever!)

My Mum then cooked the pasta for me and helped me put it all together haha, I can cook pasta my Nana just has a table top stove and I don't know how it works as such and I can't reach it properly haha


This pasta was so good I ate the leftovers both for tea that day and for lunch the next day haha

20th:

The 20th was my Mum's birthday so we went out for lunch
We went to Frankie and Benny's with Nana, Dad was working and said he didn't feel like pizza or pasta so said we could go without him, otherwise we would have gone for tea

Anyway, I got a pizza, fries and some mozzerella sticks



I acsolutely love the food at Frankie and Benny's

We then had dessert also and I got brownies, whipped cream and ice cream


These were so good too! I love desserts that are just the right size to eat after a big meal haha

23rd:

We were back at my Auntie and Uncle's on the 23rd and you guessed it, we had chip shop for lunch again, I swear I don't normally eat this many chip shop meals in a month haha
Anyway, this time I got a chicken burger, chips and gravy


We then had birthday cake for dessert as Mum had got one on the 21st from her birthday the day before so that we could take it to my Auntie and Uncle's and all have some there


27th:

On the 27th I finally got around to filming my Zoella x Colourpop first impressions video (like I said before it should be up this Sunday, it's gonna take a lot of editing though as I have over an hours worth of footage haha)
I really loved filming this and trying the makeup for the first time, I love this range so much, all of the products are so pretty!

I did realise something however when filming, as I was opening the Group Hug liquid shadow bundle up for the first time I came to realise I had received two liquid shadows in the shade OG when in there was supposed to be OG and Bellini

Once I was done filming etc I emailed Colourpop about this just to see what they could do about this, if anything at all

Finally for the 27th I used iMovie on my phone to take a section of the video I filmed and put some picture in picture effect things on (the software I use can't do this haha so I took a small section of what I filmed and emailed it to my phone along with the clips I wanted to put over top and then used iMovie to put them in before exporting and emailing the final clip back over to my Dad's laptop to put into the video when editing haha)

28th:

On the 28th Colourpop replied to my email about the liquid shadows and said they would send out a replacement Bellini shade as I didn't have one

29th:

On the 29th I received another Colourpop email saying the Bellini shadow had been shipped which I thought was great considering the first email said it could take 5-7 days and it had shipped within just 1 day

I will say each time I have had to email Colourpop they have responding quickly and resolved whatever issue I have had, honestly their customer service is so good!

I think once I've been using the Zoella x Colourpop products for a while I'm going to film a follow up review of how I'm finding the products after wearing them all more and using them more and I think I'll try Bellini in that video

30th:

We got a McDonald's to take to Nana's on the 30th,
I wanted one as the Monopoly game is back on haha
I got 9 chicken nuggets (instead of 6 for a change) and fries with a strawberry milkshake
I checked the Monopoly things and all I won was a free apple pie or fruit bag haha
I forgot to take a picture as I was hungry hahaha

Later on we also went to Nana and Grandad's for a bit and gave Nana her Mother's Day presents early as we wouldn't be seeing her on Mother's Day itself

31st:

Finally for my March Highlights is the 31st, Mother's Day
We had Nana over for lunch and we had the same ham and potato animals I mentioned earlier on with egg and spaghetti
I forgot once again to get a picture haha
We also gave Mum and Nana their presents too

And those are my March highlights!
I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know in the comments what one of your favourite things from March was
I am thinking, since I'm only just back off of a one month blogging break, that I might ease myself back into it by posting every two weeks instead of weekly, that way I have time to think of ideas and I'm not using up all of my ideas at once like before haha
Again, if you have any blog post ideas leave them in the comments too

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you soon for more blog posts,
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment