Wednesday 5 February 2020

How Did I Do With My 2019 Goals?

Hey guys,
So for today's post I thought I would do a post all about my goals from last year and how I got on with them, what I completed, what I didn't complete etc
I did an update on my 2019 goals part way through the year so this is going to be the final update
I have also posted my goals for this year on my blog too, so you can check that out here if you haven't already and if you would like to know what my goals are for this year
Anyway, let's get into it shall we?
So the first thing on my 2019 goals list was to bake more,
In my last update of my 2019 goals I said I had baked more, I didn't bake anything else really after that but I'd still say I baked more than 2018 I think, it's hard to remember what I baked and when haha
I'd still say I completed this though

Next on my list of goals for 2019 was to start acro or another style of dance,
Now if you read my last update at that time I said I had some what started to complete this as I was using Auti Kamal's YouTube channel to learn choreography, I ended up not sticking with that though
So I guess I kinda completed this in the beginning but didn't complete it in the end, I do however want to start using her tutorials more again

Ok, next up was to vlog more in 2019,
I definitely completed this one, in 2018 I put up two vlogs but only one had been filmed that year, whereas in 2019 I filmed and uploaded four vlogs
I know it's not a ton but it's more than in 2018, I would like to film even more vlogs this year though too

Next on the list, start saving up money again,
If you saw my last update you'll know I said I had and hadn't done this, in the beginning of 2019 I was saving well and then it kind of just went out the window haha
So I guess technically I didn't complete this in the end even though I do save when I want something haha

Take a friends holiday/road trip was next on my 2019 goals list,
This didn't end up happening so I didn't complete this one, with me not having a job currently it obviously made this one harder

Learn to swim was next on the list,
This one didn't end up happening either, I just didn't get around to it
I still would like to learn I just haven't set it as a goal for this year just in case haha, that way I can just do it whenever I get the chance

Next up was learn to drive,
This didn't end up happening either, so again I didn't set it as a goal this year so that I can do it in my own time

Get a job was next,
This one is still a work in progress, I don't wanna say I'm picky but I kind of am, I'm the type of person who knows what I want when it comes to a job (I'd love to teach dance one day, but for now obviously I'd have to assist a teacher) and I want to try my best to get the job I want, I don't want to settle for something I know I won't enjoy
That being said this also didn't happen as I was waiting on my dance teacher at the time to let me know if she had anything available for me, I'm actually now not at that studio as when my Mum had her knee replacement there was no one to get me to dance and so the studio couldn't hold my place so I'm gonna start emailing other studios soon and trying to make this happen

Next on the list was to get my over or middle splits,
In the last update I said it was a work in progress and that I kept falling out of the habit of stretching regularly, then that summer Anna McNulty started a month long stretching challenge on her channel and I decided to join in, I saw a huge improvement in my splits and got super close to my right leg over split, I guess you could say I was on my way to completing this

I'll put some pics here of my improvements that summer

Right leg over split:





Left leg over split:





Middle split:



Unfortunately after the challenge ended I fell out of the habit of stretching regularly again, but I'm determined to actually get my splits this year!
I'm gonna just use these pictures as motivation to start working hard on stretching again
But yeah, so, this one was started but didn't get completed in the end

Next on the list was to go zip lining finally,
Again this didn't get completed, I'm realising now how much I didn't complete or started to complete but then didn't end up finishing
I would still like to do this at some point but I haven't set it as a goal this year just in case I don't get around to it again

Keep going to the gym and stretching more was next up,
In the last update I said that going to the gym more was going well, but towards the end of the year I didn't really go much so I guess I didn't complete that one
I tend to just go to the gym whenever I'm able to or just whenever I feel like it haha, I'm not strict with going so many times a week or whatever

As for stretching more, I'm gonna say I completed that as I did stretch more than in 2018 thanks to Anna's month long stretching routine and even before that I was stretching more whenever I could

I then had some social media, blog and YouTube related goals on the list too

Get 1k or 2k subscribers on YouTube was first for these goals,
This didn't get completed, at the time I'm writing this I currently have 44 subscribers
I think honestly I set this goal a little too high haha, I mean it's good to be ambitious but looking at it now I think with uploads etc I made this one harder, I do want to upload more consistently at some point this year though to help gain more subscribers
Also I think on this year's goals list I set this lower and more realistic haha

Next was to hit 20k or 30k total views on my blog,
I did manage to get past 20k total views before the end of the year which I was so happy about, so this one got completed (Thank you to anyone who reads my blog, you helped get me to this goal)

Hit 2k or 5k on Instagram,
I didn't complete this as, just like with YouTube, I set the goal a bit too high
When I wrote my 2019 goals I was gaining followers at a faster pace and doing well on Instagram in that sense and then it kind of slowed down when I wrote the last update
I was stuck in the 800s when I wrote the last update and I'm still stuck there now in 2020 haha
I do feel it has got harder to gain followers on Instagram more recently though, would you guys agree?

Next on the list was to hit 1k or 2k on Twitter,
This didn't happen either but I tend not to use Twitter as much as Instagram, plus again I think I just set it too high, this year I've definitely made my goals a little more realistic haha

And finally for the somewhat random things I put on my goals for 2019 list,

First up, get a MacBook,
Yeah, this didn't happen either, those things are super expensive, I'd still like to get one one day but I'll just wait and see when that happens haha

Go to Brighton,
Again sadly this didn't happen, it's still a place I'd love to go but again I think it's best to just see when it happens instead of adding it to a yearly goals list haha

Next up was to do a 30 day fitness challenge,
If you saw the last update you'll know I actually completed this in the beginning of 2019, so this one got done
I did a 30 day ab challenge and honestly it was sooo hard but I do feel I saw a small difference so who knows? maybe I'll try one of these again one day haha

Next was upload a dance video,
Ok, this one almost got completed to some extent,
I had a few pieces of choreography throughout the year I liked but never felt were ready to be uploaded, then fast forward to October when Selena Gomez's song lose you to love me came out I started choreographing that and I loved the choreo I created, then around November/December time, while I was still working on this, I started having an issue with my knee so couldn't complete this, plus with buying Christmas presents etc I wouldn't have been able to book a studio
As soon as I get my knee sorted out I really want to complete this one this year as I finally feel ready to share my own choreography with you guys

I'm also thinking of starting a dance Instagram account separate to my current Instagram to share progress etc with you guys, is this something you guys would be interested in?
Obviously, again, it will be once my knee is sorted but I think it'd be a nice way to share my dance progress with you guys and like just little achievements here and there

And finally on the list was to start learning French again,
Ok, so towards the end of the year I fell out of the habit of this but pretty much the rest of the year I did French every single day and I loved it, I even have notes and phrases etc in a notebook because I like to write them down so that even if I'm not able to take a lesson on Duolingo I can still study it a bit I guess
So I'm gonna say I completed this one as I definitely did more French than the year before

So, that brings us to the end of this final update,
I didn't realise until now how much I actually forgot about or didn't complete
I hope you guys still enjoyed this post, I've definitely made my goals for this year a little more realistic and reachable haha

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you soon for another blog post,
Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. Excellent goals you set yourself! I speak French at home with my mum. So glad you took it on in 2019! You should be proud of what you tried to achieve. 😊💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! That’s so cool! I just love hearing people speak french haha, I wanna continue learning this year as France is one of my favourite places, I’d definitely say I’m better at reading it than hearing it and understanding it though haha 😊

      Delete