Sunday 13 May 2018

Getting My First Job!

Hey guys,
I asked you guys on Instagram and Twitter what post you wanted to see today and the majority voted for this post, all about getting my first job

So a slightly different post to normal today,
If you saw my March Highlights post you will know in March I went to a jobs fair to talk to companies and talk about possible jobs,
Today I thought I would update you as to what happened after the fair and how my two options turned out,

The first job option fell through so to speak, I hadn't heard anything so I emailed them and it turns out the spaces they had available had been filled, needless to say I was gutted, it was a job I could really see myself doing

As for the second option, I can now say I have my first job!
So I guess everything worked out in the end haha
The job is basically just delivering catalogues and taking orders and some online orders etc but it's a start
The catalogues themselves contain numerous things from makeup and clothes to jewellery etc so things I like and know stuff about haha

I actually had a meeting with the woman the other day to discuss more about how it works etc and I mean right now I'm still pretty confused about a few things but I'm sure I'll figure it out with time and practice, I'm just going to give it some time and see how it goes
She gave me quite a few catalogues to hand out and I have a couple orders from family already so hopefully this works out

I'm excited to be able to hopefully start earning my own money soon and being able to buy things I want haha
And I think that's it, I'm sorry it was shorter than usual it was just a little update

I know this wasn't my usual style of post but like I said I just wanted to update you guys as to how my job search went down

If you would be interested in being involved in any Instagram or Twitter polls I do in the future you can find my social media here,
Also feel free to follow my blog if you'd like to see more posts

Thank you so much for reading and I'll see you soon with a more usual post,
I actually have another post going up tomorrow haha so look out for that,
And well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow!
Hanna x

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations with your first job. It's always so exciting and definitely worth all the money you receive. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I'm so excited to earn my own money x

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your first job! A first job is always a big thing! It's great for learning and you'll get en even better second job! xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, I love learning new things haha Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Aww, congratulations on your first job! It's so exciting when you get your first get paid and have the money to treat yourself to some nice things! I hope it all works out for you :)

    Amy,
    https://creativenails.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I can't wait to be able to buy more things I want haha
      Thank you x

      Delete
  4. Yay, congratulations! First jobs are always a little intimidating at first. But it all comes down to practice. I'm still doing my first job at the moment and I've definitely noticed an improvement in skills over time. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Definitely, I'm still confused about a few things but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I'm sure I'll improve over time, thank you x

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your first job! It's always so exciting. Good luck and enjoying spending that first month's salary! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I'm super excited haha. I will, thank you x

      Delete
  6. Congrats! It's good to get your foot in the door with any job, get you some great experience and the money is an added bonus!

    https://katie-lauren.blog

    ReplyDelete