Tuesday 1 May 2018

April Highlights (2018)


Hey guys,
Another monthly highlights post today,
So, without further a do, here are my highlights from April,

5th April:

On the 5th we went to my Nana's house and my cousins and their kids were there which was nice as I don't see them mega often

10th April:

On the 10th I actually got my new camera, I had my Nikon Coolpix L29 for about 3 years and decided it was time to invest in a really good camera, so I bought the Canon SX730
I've wanted a Canon camera for ages and the SX730 has a flip screen too so I figured it would be very practical haha




12th April:

On the 12th I did my first photo shoot for my blog (you'll see why later on in this post)
I'll put in one of my favourite pictures from it here as a hint if you haven't seen the post I'm talking about already


14th April:

On the 14th my March highlights post hit 100 views, I love the feeling when a post hits triple figures haha (I'll link this post at the end if you're interested)

15th April:

On the 15th my Easter baking post hit 100 views too, I love that so many of my posts are getting up to 100 views now, thank you guys!

16th April:

On the 16th my blog turned one!
This is also the day I posted my one year photo shoot blog post, you can check out that post here
I honestly can't believe it's been a year already!

17th April:

On the 17th my sister did my makeup for me, I wouldn't normally do a full smokey style look but I quite liked it
I'll put in a pic of what it looked like here so you guys can see


19th April:

On the 19th I went to the gym with Tamanna, this was our second time in the gym and then we got a late lunch and an ice cream after haha
I'll put in some pics and stuff here (I got a couple of boomerangs too)








20th April:

The 20th was my Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary

The 20th also would have been Guinness' birthday, for those who don't know Guinness was our family dog we lost in 2016, I would say he was my first best friend,
I wrote a post in memory of him back in March which you can find here if you haven't seen it already
Anyway, some might think this is weird but as well as getting my parents a card I like to get Guinness a card and put it near the urn with his ashes in
I'll put in a pic of the card here


We also went out for tea on the 20th for Mum and Dad's anniversary, we all had burger and chips haha
I'll put pics in here



22nd April:

On the 22nd I posted my first makeup look post/tutorial since showing my face in January, you can find that post here and I'll put in a pic of the look here too


24th April:

Not so much a highlight, more of an update, but on the 24th my Mum emailed Zaful to find out what's going on with my returns etc that I sent back on March 23rd (and they received March 26th)
I'm now just trying to sort out what happens next, I am in the process of writing a follow up Zaful review (and a follow up try on) all about exchanges and returns, the only problem is with all the issues we've had contacting Zaful etc it's not turning out to be the most positive post ever haha

25th April:

On the 25th my spring makeup post hit 100 views only 2 days after being posted!
Thank you to everyone who's read this post, it honestly still shocks me when posts hit 100 views and especially in such little time, I don't think I've ever had a post hit 100 views so fast

26th April:

On the 26th my blog hit 8,000 total page views! Last month we hit 7,000 so thank you guys that's like 1,000 in about a month, honestly I don't think I'll ever get used to my views going up like they do

Also on the 26th my current everyday Spring makeup post hit 200 views, this is my first post ever to hit 200 views, so thank you all so much, my views are improving so much all the time and it's honestly amazing how much my little blog has improved in just a year
I cannot thank you guys enough, it's truly surreal and it also feels unreal that I gained an extra 100 views on this post just a day after hitting 100 views!

28th April:

Just two days later my everyday spring makeup post hit 300 views, again my first post to ever hit 300 so thank you once again, it still doesn't feel real while I'm writing this right now, I cannot explain the excitement when a post hits a new milestone, it's incredible!
As far as views go this month has been insane! Thank you all so much, I appreciate every view my blog posts get

Whilst we are on the subject of views, this month I also noticed a few other posts hit 100 views, I'll put what they are here,


I couldn't remember exactly what date they hit 100 haha
It means a lot though especially that my post about Guinness (2 Years Without My Best Friend) has passed 100 views because it was sharing memories etc of my first best friend

Anyway, that brings us to the end of this post, I will now link my other monthly highlights in case you haven't seen them yet,

I hope you enjoyed reading about my month,
Leave me a comment telling me one of your favourite things from this month, I'd love to know!

Thank you so much, as always, for reading, like I said before I appreciate every view my little blog gets,
If you'd like to follow my blog for more posts, on desktop you will find the follow button at the top of the side bar and on mobile you will find it at the bottom of the page, you can also follow by email if you would prefer or if you don't have a Blogger account

Thank you again for helping me hit all of these milestones etc and I'll see you soon with another new post!
Hanna x

6 comments:

  1. I love reading Monthly Favourites posts but I've never seen them done like this where you highlight the best days! This is a fab idea as you get to look back over the month and see what's made you happy, I always struggle to remember things for my favourites at the end of the month so this would be way better! Congratulations on so many of your posts hitting all those views that's amazing! That camera you've bought looks fab too I love that little screen on it!

    Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Yeah, I just write down highlights in my notes on my phone throughout the month and then put them together in a post at the end of the month. Thank you, I'm really happy with how my blog is growing at the moment and as for the camera, I have only used it a few times and I already love it! Thank you for commenting x

      Delete
  2. Yay for the new camera! Now I'm really wanting to buy myself a new camera xD

    cabin twenty-four

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's such a good camera I love it so much! 😊

      Delete
  3. love the camera, it is always great spending time with your family isnt it! and congrats on all the achievements x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly love the camera so much and yes it's great! Thank you so much x

      Delete