Wednesday 25 March 2020

Answering Your Assumptions About Me!

Hey guys
So today I’m going to be answering your assumptions about me, this was going to be a video for my channel but with everything right now I'm not able to film as I prefer to film when no one's home and obviously that's a little harder right now (but that's fine of course as peoples' health comes first before a video)
So I figured I would do it as a blog post instead so that those who sent in assumptions aren't waiting a while for the video
I ended up getting 12 assumptions in total, so let's just get into the answers shall we?
1) You like to bake

This one is true, I love baking, I actually made cookies for the first time the other day and honestly it started out as kind of a disaster which resulted in a FaceTime call with my older sister as she bakes more
She helped me fix it and honestly after that they turned out so good, I'd definitely make them again




I also baked a lot when I was younger too and I've always loved it
I really wanna learn to bake more by myself this year too, so yeah, I love baking and I don't do it anywhere near as much as I would like to

2) You don't have a job

This one is true, I don't know why this assumption made me kind of nervous, I've always been pretty open with you guys about my job journey I guess you could call it haha
If you saw my last YpuTube video you'll know (you can find it here if you haven't seen it) I said I was going to start emailing dance studios about a job but then with places closing and everything going on right now that's kind of come to a halt, but it's fine it can wait for now and as soon as this is all over I'll start emailing

3) You're a clean freak

I guess this one is mostly true, I guess it depends haha
Sometimes I can be, other times not so much
I feel like I like to be organised and plan things ahead of time for sure and I also like things to be in places where I know where they are haha
I wouldn't say I was a clean freak though, I guess I'm pretty chill about it

4) You're shy to go out with crazy makeup looks

I feel like this one is pretty true, I love trying new and different looks but if I go out in said look I can feel a little conscious, worrying what people are thinking, but I also like to push myself and just wear looks out anyway, I wouldn't say my looks are super crazy but I like to try new things and go a little out of the ordinary sometimes I guess haha
One of my favourite 'different' kind of looks I did recently was my Valentine's inspired look on my channel

5) That if possible you would go back and change something in the past

I'd say this isn't true, I'm a huge believer in everything happens for a reason,
I used to wish I'd stuck with dance as a kid, I'd wonder where I would be with that now if I had, but then I realised had I have kept dancing as a kid, yes I may be further ahead than I am now and who knows where I'd be, but I wouldn't have gone to my last studio and got to meet my teachers there who were so amazing and I wouldn't have got to be in dance classes with one of my friends so I wouldn't change anything, God has a plan for me and I trust him 100%

6) That you sometimes worry about the future

This is true, I'm a worrier for sure haha, but isn't everyone to some extent, I feel like we all worry about the future from time to time but I feel like it's best to live in the present and enjoy today, as hard as that can be sometimes, but things always work out the way they should in the end

7) That you behave older than you are

I mean I'd say I think this is untrue but I guess that would depend on who you asked haha, I like to think I act younger to be honest haha or at least my age
I still like to mess around and have fun (I'm a big kid sometimes haha) but I can be serious when I need to be

8) You are a kind hearted person and you're not fake on YouTube, you are you

Aw, this is so sweet! Thank you!
I mean I like to think/hope this one is true haha, on YouTube I definitely try to be as me as possible in my videos, I feel like you get further in life if you're genuinely you and don't pretend to be like anyone else
One thing I am working on though is showing more of myself being weird and goofy on camera as I'm a perfectionist with my videos and tend to edit out a lot of me messing up words etc (which happens a lot as I talk so fast haha), that's why I make outtakes videos, they are videos that don't have to be perfect, its there for laughs and I need to remember if people don't like me for me then why would I want them to subscribe? I want people who like my videos and my goofy side to subscribe to my channel
I also try to be as much of myself in vlogs too like in my late birthday present vlog last year when me and Tamanna were just messing around making insta stories haha

9) You live down south

This one isn't true, I live 'up north' in England

10) You've been en pointe

This one is again untrue, I want to be on pointe one day but I only restarted ballet in 2016, then at the end of 2016 I injured my left ankle which then left me out of dance for pretty much all of 2017 (I did however sit in classes still to watch and make notes) so that put me behind a little and then last September my Mum got an email saying the studio I was at couldn't hold my space anymore (I hadn't been in a while as my Mum had a knee replacement in July and had some complications with that and there was no one to get me to dance as it was on at 5:30pm so my Dad was still working) so I've been out of ballet for a while and I'm looking to start contemporary again for a little while before going back to ballet haha

11) You can do the splits

This one also isn't true, the splits are something I really want to be able to do and I got super close to my splits last year (I shared pictures not too long back in my 'how did I do with my 2019 goals?' blog post if you wanna see the progress I made) but then I fell out of the habit of stretching regularly and lost a fair bit of that flexibility I had gained, I do however want to start stretching regularly again to actually try and get my splits this year though haha

12) You have amazing skin (tell us all your skincare secrets šŸ˜¹)

First of all thank you! I like to think I have okay skin haha, I've never had breakouts as such or anything like that but I have a little pinkish/redness in my cheeks (but it's not super noticeable I feel like) and I get the odd spot/s sometimes
As for skincare secrets, I wouldn't say I have a huge ground breaking secret haha I just think less is more and I like to keep it super simple
I don't have a super set skincare routine at the moment as I want to maybe try a different cleanser or some different products hopefully soon (if you have any cleanser recommendations let me know in the comments), at the moment I just use micellar water and a cotton pad to cleanse but I was using the Caudalie Vinopure gel cleanser before and I loved it, it removed my makeup so fast haha
Maybe when I have a set routine again I'll do a skincare routine blog post or video

And those are all of the assumptions, again I'm sorry I had to do this as a blog post and not a video but at least the people who made assumptions still get answers
I hope you guys enjoyed getting to know me a little better, if you'd like to get to know me a little more I recently put up a 50 facts about me video on YouTube and I have a fair few videos on my channel that will also help you get to know me better

Be sure to let me know in the comments what your favourite assumption was or your favourite answer
Since I'm not filming at the moment there should be more blog posts coming your way soon, so look out for those and let me know if you have any ideas

Thank you guys so much for reading and I will see you soon for another blog post,
Hanna x

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I can’t believe you live up north Hanna, I always imagined you were down south! It was so interesting to get to know all those little things about you. I never realised you injured your ankle a few years back! Is it healed now or does it still effect you? (Lord only knows if I’ve used the right effect there, it’s 07:40 in the morning, haha).

    I really hope you’re able to find a new dance studio when everything is back up and running and a teaching job too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I’m glad you learnt something new
      Yeah, I landed funny in a jump, I can’t remember what jump it was but it wasn’t a big jump, maybe changements or something like that, I had physio for it but it still seems kind of weak and still effects me some times (and don’t worry I can never remember the difference haha)
      Thank you so much! šŸ˜Š

      Delete
    2. Even so it's plenty enough pressure on your ankles to do some damage! I do love ballet though <3

      You're always most welcome my lovely! :) xx

      Delete
    3. Yeah, ballet is tough but it's so worth it when you get a step right for the first time x

      Delete