Monday 17 December 2018

Blogmas Day 17: Making Festive Chocolate Bark

Hey guys,
For today's post I decided to try making festive chocolate bark,
I actually prepped everything yesterday for this post and the bark has been in the freezer since last night haha
So, without further a do let’s get into how I made it shall we?
Ingredients I used to make this:

  • 600g of milk chocolate (I used Dairy Milk)
  • Malteser mini reindeer
  • Dairy Milk winter chocolate bar
  • White chocolate star sprinkles
  • White chocolate writing icing

Okay now onto how I actually made it, it’s pretty easy to be honest
Also I’ll say now my Mum helped me with this too as she does a lot of my blog things haha

We started by lining the tray with grease proof paper, we actually had to use a tray you use to put plates on to eat your tea haha as we couldn’t find the baking tray I planned to use

Then it was time to start the bark itself

First we broke up and measured 600g of the milk chocolate and when I say we broke it up it was so thick and solid we actually had to use a toffee hammer to break it haha

We also had to measure 300g at a time as it wouldn’t all fit in the tub we were measuring it in



We then melted it 300g at a time too



I only got a pic of the second half fully melted haha sorry

Once the first 300g was melted we poured it onto the grease proof paper on the tray
We then spread it out with a spatula as much as possible

I then added some of the Malteser reindeer while my Mum was melting the other 300g


We then added the rest of the chocolate to the tray and spread that out too, avoiding reindeer as we did haha

I then did the rest of the decorating,
I added the rest of the reindeer (there were literally only 5 in the packet)


Next I added some of the white chocolate Christmas trees from the dairy milk winter chocolate bar


I then added some white chocolate star sprinkles


Finally I wanted to add some white chocolate writinng icing
To use the icing you had to put it in boiling water for a few minutes so my Dad did that for me to make sure all of the icing was melted enough to use and then I added it to the bark, I decided to draw it on in a nice pretty pattern haha


And then it was into the freezer until tonight

I then took it out of the freezer and snapped it all up into pieces ready to be eaten



I’m super proud of how this turned out and I would definitely consider making it for other occasions too as it’s so easy to make

My godparents actually came round tonight to bring our Christmas presents and they got to try some too, they seemed to like it so that’s good haha

Now for a tastes test
Here is a picture of the piece I picked


It was really nice! Malteser chocolate and dairy milk taste good together haha

And that brings us to the end of today’s post,
I hope you enjoyed it, I had so much fun making the bark for this post,
Let me know in the comments how you think I did,
I also filmed a video today for my channel which should hopefully be up soon

Thank you for reading and I will see you tomorrow for day 18!
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment