Sunday 21 October 2018

Kylie Cosmetics Follow Up Review

Hey guys,
So, as you can see by the title, today's post is the follow up review on my latest Kylie Cosmetics order,
This post is an update to the first impressions video I posted a while ago, basically following on from that, updating you guys on how I've been getting on with the products, kind of a more in depth review now that I've tried the products out longer,

I'll insert the first impressions video here if you haven't seen it and would like to watch it before reading this, but don't worry if you would prefer to just read this



This is only my second order from Kylie's website and for those who haven't seen the video I only got three products but when I saw Kylie's summer collection I knew I needed to try the two products I got from that collection, the third product is just an eyeliner, I added this to go with the eye shadow palette I got,

Anyway, onto the post,



Like I said, for those who haven't seen the video I got two items from Kylie's new summer collection and a Kyliner, I got 'The Summer Palette' and the 'On Wednesdays' Matte Lip Kit from the summer collection and the Kyliner in the shade Black,

First, I'll start with 'The Summer Palette' eye shadow palette,




I'll put in swatches for those who haven't seen the video and let you know which shades are my favourite now that I have been using the palette a little more (I'll put the swatches individually when I review each shade in a minute, if you would like to see the whole palette's swatches together you can find that in the video),

I will now let you know what I think of each shade individually,

Starting with the top row of the palette:

First in the palette is Beach Babe,


This is quite an icy shade, if you saw the first impressions video you will know I tried this both with and without setting spray on my brush and it was pretty without setting spray but with setting spray it really enhanced the shimmer even more

The second shade on the top row is Melon,


Melon is a coral peachy bright pink I guess you could describe it haha, I'm terrible at describing things
This was one shade in this palette that intrigued me instantly but it was also one shade I wasn't sure how I would feel about, turns out I absolutely love it! It is such a pretty shade

The next shade is Hottie,


Hottie is a shade I have used a few times and love but I haven't used it as much as others as of yet, but I do love it
Hottie is a really nice light burnt orange kind of shade (oh and it's matte)

Sun Kiss is the next shade,


I haven't really used this shade much, but judging by the swatch I really want to try it soon, it looks like a really nice shimmer shade
This shade kind of has a brown purpleish shimmery vibe to it haha

Next on the top row is Summer,


This isn't the best swatch sorry
I use this shade so much! It is one of my favourites in the whole palette, I have used this as an inner corner highlight and I use it like that with pretty much all of my eye makeup looks
It is a really pretty light yellow gold

Juicy is the shade up next,


Juicy is another shade I haven't used yet, but judging by the swatch it looks like it could be fun to play around with as it is quite a bright metallic orange,
If you have any ideas as to how I could use this shade leave them in the comments and I might try it out

The final shade on the top row is Bikini Mama,


Again, not the best swatch, sorry guys
Bikini Mama is another shade I haven't used yet, sorry guys there are so many shades and looks to try out in this palette it's been hard to use all of the shades haha
But judging by the swatch this looks like it would make a nice crease and outer corner shade, on Kylie's site this is described as a metallic shimmery brown

Moving on to the bottom row:

The first shade on the bottom row is Pool Day,


I'm sorry you can't really see it in the swatch but I love this shade! It is kind of a matte cream shade I guess, I use this shade as kind of a brow highlight, also using it on my brow bone area tidies up any shadow from my eye makeup that may have gone a little out of place if you know what I mean haha
I use this shade pretty much every time I wear a full face of makeup, I love it so much

Next is Aquaholic,


This is another shade I use a lot! I use this as my transition shade for most looks and I find it helps the shade Melon I mentioned earlier blend easier,
I love this shade, I would probably wear it alone for a simple eye look to be fair, maybe I'll try that one day for a more natural look
I would say this shade is kind of a nice light browny beige I guess

Blazing is the next shade,


This shade is that matte brown shade every palette needs,
I love a palette that has a matte brown as matte brown shades work with pretty much anything,
I love this shade in the outer v and the crease with certain looks

Next is Heat Wave,


This one has been a little awkward to be honest,
Heat Wave was one of the first shades I tried in the palette (and I used it in the first impressions video) and in the video I loved it, it applied beautifully and was super pigmented but then not long after I tried this shade a couple more times and it's gone weird shall we say.
Basically, the few times I have tried it after the video it has been a bit off, I would apply it using the same brush as in the video and it seems to apply the glitter of the shade but not as much pigment, it still swatches super pigmented it's just when applying with a brush, does anyone know why this is?
Other than that this is a gorgeous coppery shade and I love it, I'm just sad it won't apply properly as this shade would be perfect in Autumn

The next shade is Need A Tan,


This is another shade I haven't used, sorry guys, there are just too many options and choices in this palette haha
But judging by the swatch this looks like it could be fun to play around with maybe in the crease
I'll have to try it sometime, but as you can see this is a burnt orange matte shade

Next is Suns Out Buns Out,


This shade is a deep matte purple and I recently used this to try out a look for Halloween (If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you'll know what I mean as I posted a pic of the look not too long ago),
Suns Out Buns Out is a really nice matte purple shade and I love it, I feel like it would look really nice in the crease and outer v but as of right now I haven't fully tried it out on my eyes as the Halloween look used this shade on the face haha
I do love a good purple though

The final shade in the palette is Always In!


This is another shade I haven't used yet but this shade is a simple matte black shade,
Again what is a good palette without a matte black shade haha,
I feel like this would be really nice as a liner when you want something a little more subtle than an actual liner

Finally for the palette, here are my favourite shades currently:
- Melon
- Hottie
- Summer
- Pool Day
- Aquaholic
- Blazing
- Suns Out Buns Out

And that is all for my follow up on the palette,

Next is the black liner I ordered,




There isn't much more to say about this that I didn't say in the first impressions video,
But this liner is amazing! I always feel pencils drag but this doesn't, this liner is perfectly creamy, it doesn't feel like a pencil liner at all
I have found it so easy to do winged liner with this liner too because of how easily it glides on, I always found liquid liner messy and hard to get precise but with Kylie's pencil liner I can actually do decent winged liner haha

Finally for this follow up review is the On Wednesdays lip kit,




Sorry the lighting isn't great in the picture, if you want to see better swatches you can find them in the first impressions video

I have only used this a couple of times so I can't say much more about this sorry guys,
But since it's Autumn now I'm not really reaching for it anymore,
The few times I did wear it though I found it to be like the other matte lip kit I have,  it is comfortable to wear, it doesn't seem really drying and it is a really pretty shade
As you can see this is a bright pink lipstick

And we have made it to the end of the follow up review,
I hope you enjoyed it, I'm sorry it was pretty long,
Thank you if you read right to the end haha

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you soon for another blog post,
Hanna x

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried anything from Kylie cosmetics as I'm not a fan of any of the Kardashians but I've heard great things about her products! That lip colour is so bright! I'm not sure I could pull that off at all!

    Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her products so much, yeah I was a little worried when I got the lipstick and it was so bright but it's a really pretty colour x

      Delete