Sunday 16 September 2018

Updated Makeup Collection And Storage

Hey guys,
For today's post I thought I would give you an update on my makeup collection and storage,
This post however will mostly focus on the makeup collection side as the storage hasn't really changed all that much since the last makeup collection and storage post back in February, where as my makeup collection has changed quite a bit and let's face it I'd like to think my photos have gotten better too haha

Ok, I'll start with the neater side of my makeup, the drawers,
These drawers mainly have in mostly things I wear regularly,


The drawers are also the same ones from the first makeup collection and storage post,
I'll go through each drawer separately,

Drawer 1:


Drawer one hasn't really changed at all since the first post haha,


Drawer one has in it:

  • Urban Decay Naked Palette
One of my all time favourite palettes, it has shades in it for every occasion
  • L'Oreal La Palette Nude (01 Rose)
I don't actually use this palette to be honest, I mainly keep it because it has a full size mirror in it
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Cool Medium)
I use this concealer simply to prime my eyes before eye shadow as it has a really nice coverage for the eyes to give the perfect blank canvas for my eye makeup

Drawer 2:


Quite a few things have changed in drawer two since February


Drawer two has in it:
  • MAC Studio Fix Foundation Sample (NC15)
This is actually empty haha but I leave it in here so when I get around to getting a full size Studio Fix foundation I know which shade I am haha
  • Benefit That Gal Primer
I don't use this as much as I used to but I love this primer, I even wear it on it's own sometimes just to brighten my skin a little 
  • Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (15 Fair)
I've recently started using this concealer and I love it so much! It's so creamy and blends beautifully, the only down side is it doesn't seem to last as long as my previous concealer but I think that's just because I wear it like a foundation haha
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer
My all time favourite bronzer, in fact this is the only bronzer I wear
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (Transparent)
Ever since I started wearing foundations and concealers this is the only powder I have ever used
  • Benefit Dandelion Blush
This is by far my favourite blush and I think it's actually the only blush I own but I love it so much it's such a beautiful shade of pink and it looks really nice and natural on the cheeks
  • Makeup Revolution Highlight (Rejuvenate)
I got this in the advent calendar last year and I have worn it pretty much ever since, this highlight is such a beautiful like gold and I was very glad when I found out a while ago that they sell this shade as a strobe powder, I will definitely be repurchasing this after I run out
  • Makeup Revolution Lip Gloss
This doesn't have a shade name on it but I also got this in the advent calendar last year and I've recently started wearing it more but mostly I don't wear glosses as I'm not a huge fan
  • Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara
Finally for this drawer, the Benefit mascara, I love this mascara so much it makes my lashes look incredible although I think I'm running out haha so I need to buy a new mascara, maybe I'll try a new one, if you have any suggestions leave them in the comments

Drawer 3:


Onto the final drawer for this section of this post,
Again quite a few things have changed in this drawer since February when I posted the first post on my makeup collection


In the final drawer is:
  • Dior Forever Undercover Foundation Sample (020)
I got this sample quite a while ago and when I tried it out it turns out the shade I was given at the counter is too dark on me, which I was really sad about as I was so excited to try this foundation
  • Kylie Cosmetics Metal Lipstick (Dancer)
This was one of my go to lipstick last Christmas, I absolutely love this lipstick, it's such a beautiful metallic purpley shade
  • Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit (Autumn)
I love both the liner and lipstick in this shade, the liner goes on so well and to be honest so does the lipstick, this was also a go to last year and has been through a little of this year too
  • Tanya Burr Lip Gloss (Cranberry Melt)
I don't really wear this much as like I said before I'm not a huge gloss fan but it is a really pretty shade
  • MAC Custom Eye Shadow Palette
I love all of the shades in this palette, the shades are picked are Expensive Pink (top left), Star Violet (top right), Amber Lights (bottom left) and Swiss Chocolate (bottom right)
My current fave is definitely Amber Lights, it's perfect with Autumn coming up
  • Makeup Revolution Nude Lipstick
Again from the advent calendar last year, this also doesn't have a shade name but I don't really wear this that much any more, it is however a really lovely nude shade
  • Makeup Revolution Red Lipstick
Another item from their advent calendar last year, this is one of my fave non liquid lipsticks, it's a beautiful red shade, perfect for the festive season
  • Makeup Revolution Highlight (Ice Kiss)
This was also from the advent but I had used this highlight before I got it in the advent calendar, I actually had the big version of this highlight which recently expired so it's nice to still have it just in mini form haha
  • Makeup Revolution Strobe Balm (Rose Gold)
The final product in this drawer, I currently use this as an inner corner highlight as it's such a beautiful pinky rose gold shade

Now moving onto my Zoella makeup bag,
This again was part of my storage in the last makeup collection and storage post and I don't think too much has changed in this makeup bag since last time,



I decided to do this in sections as there are a lot of things in this makeup bag haha

So here is the first section,


As you can see I did all of my brushes first, so here they are:
  • Benefit Small Brushes
The blue small brush in the top left and the small black one below it are both Benefit brushes, one came in the Dandelion blush and one in the Hoola bronzer, I don't really use either one but keep them just in case haha
  • Makeup Revolution Mini Angled Brush
This came in the advent calendar last year, I rarely use this brush but I love it as it's so cute and mini haha
  • Makeup Revolution Mini Blush/Face Brush
I use this brush daily as I use it to powder my eyes after priming them with concealer and I love it so much, it's honestly so fluffy
  • Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
I love this sponge it's so soft and plushy haha
  • Real Techniques Blush Brush
Real Techniques brushes are my favourite brushes they are all so soft and they apply makeup beautifully
  • Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Again another great brush, I don't use this as much as the rest but I love it so much
  • Real Techniques Powder Brush
I don't think there's much more I can say about Real Techniques haha, they're all just amazing brushes
  • Wilko Angled Blush Brush
I've had this brush for a while and I just use it for highlight, I do really want a fan brush though haha
  • Mermaid Tail Brush
I actually got this in a Shout magazine haha and it's a pretty good brush and it looks super pretty in my makeup bag too
  • Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush
Finally for the brushes is another Real Techniques brush, I just love them so much haha I use them pretty much every single day

Keeping in the makeup bag, I decided to do lips as the next section


So here are those haha:
  • Tanya Burr Gloss (Ice Queen)
Another product I don't really use haha but I got this and any other Tanya Burr products mentioned in the advent calendar last year
  • Tanya Burr Gloss (Pink Fondant)
Again I don't really wear this but it is a pretty shade
  • Makeup Revolution Nude Lipstick
Another nude lipstick and another product I don't use much haha
  • Kylie Cosmetics Lip Gloss (Candy K)
I don't wear this one as I'm not a huge gloss fan and I'm not a fan of the brush but I love the shade of this quite a lot, maybe one day I'll buy it in a matte lipstick
  • Makeup Revolution Pink Lipstick
I haven't really worn this one much either haha but from what I remember it is a really nice shade
  • Makeup Revolution Berry Lipstick
I feel like most of the products in this makeup bag I don't really use haha but from what I remember this was a really pretty shade haha
  • Makeup Revolution Lip Gloss
I really wish the lip products from the advent calendar had shade names on them haha but yet another product I don't really use haha, I need to start using some of these

Don't worry we're into the final few products now from my makeup bag, then it's just onto a few new products I've picked up recently that aren't stored in my makeup bag or drawers haha


Onto the final products from my makeup bag,
And they are:
  • Makeup Revolution Revoholic Eyes Eye Shadow Palette
I feel like the majority of products in my collection are from advent calendars haha but I have tried this palette a few times and I do really like it
  • Makeup Revolution Eye Primer (The tube product at the top of the picture)
You can guess what I'm going to say, I don't really use this, I just didn't really like it as it doesn't cover and when I prime my eyes with concealer I get the coverage I want
  • Makeup Revolution Anti Shine Balm (below the eye primer)
I never completely understood this product if I'm honest haha, like I get it's to stop shine but I never really knew how to use it haha
  • Tanya Burr Glitter Pot (Midnight Magic) (to the left of the anti shine balm)
I've wanted to use the glitter pots for so long but I'm not 100% sure how, if you know how to apply glitter pigments please leave me a comment so that I can try these
  • Makeup Revolution Highlight (Peach Kiss) (below Midnight Magic)
I haven't really used this either as when I love a highlight I tend to stick to that one and my current fave is the Rejuvenate one I mentioned earlier
  • Tanya Burr Glitter Pot (Let It Snow)
I really want to try this and the other glitter pot, so like I said before let me know if you know a way to apply glitter pigments
  • Makeup Revolution Bronzer
I've tried this a few times but I just love my trusty Hoola too much haha, this is a good bronzer though I just don't know if maybe it's a little dark for me
  • Makeup Revolution Highlight (Flash)
I've tried this too, I'm just not the biggest fan of the shade it has an iridescent style shade to it
  • Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Yes, I have two haha, I bought a new one quite a while ago but my other one is still going strong so I haven't had to use this one yet
  • Makeup Revolution Liquid Highlighter (at the bottom of the pic)
I actually forgot I had this, maybe I'll retry it soon as it is a pretty shimmery highlight
  • Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
Finally for my makeup bag is a product I got for my birthday back in August and I've used everyday since, this setting spray is amazing and keeps my makeup on beautifully, I don't know what I ever did without setting spray haha

Now onto the final part of this post, I hope you don't mind it being so long,
The final products are just kept in the box they came in for now,


As you can the final products are all Kylie Cosmetics as I recently received my latest order



These final three products are:
  • Kylie Cosmetics Summer Palette Eye Shadow Palette
  • Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit (On Wednesdays)
  • Kylie Cosmetics Eyeliner (Black)
I'm not going to say much about these products as I put up a video earlier on my channel with my first impressions of these products, if you want to see what I think about these you can click here and I will also be posting a follow up review about how I'm getting on with these on my blog in a few weeks

And that finally brings us to the end of my updated makeup collection and storage,
I hope you enjoyed it even though it was fairly long,
Let me know in the comments if you have any of these or if you want to try any of these products,

Thank you so much, as always, for reading and I will see you soon for another post,
Hanna x

2 comments: