Sunday 2 September 2018

August Favourites

Hey guys,
It's been a while since I did a favourites huh?
Well I'm back with an August favourites!
Since my birthday was in August I have a few new favourites to share, from makeup to random bits,
So, without further a do, here are my August favourites!

Makeup:

Ok, let's begin with my makeup favourites for this month,
There are a few products I've been loving throughout August,

The first product I've been loving is the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, I think I've had two of these concealers so far (and I'm in need of a new one)
This very quickly became my new favourite concealer,


I love the creaminess of this concealer and how well it blends out, it also matches me way better than the last concealer I had (In this concealer I am the shade 15 Fair)
The only downfall is it doesn't seem to last me as long as my last one but I think that has to do with the fact I don't currently wear foundation so I'm always wearing my concealer as a foundation

Next for makeup I have been loving my customised MAC eyeshadow palette,
You may have seen my review post on this palette but recently for my birthday I finally got a shadow to fill the one space I had in the palette, now making it a full palette,





Recently I have been reaching for this palette over my other palettes,
Particularly the shades Star Violet (top right) and Amber Lights (bottom left)
I love wearing both of these shades on their own and putting a little under my lower lash line too to enhance the look,
Amber Lights is the shade I got for my birthday and I love it,
I would say as it starts to get towards the end of summer I'm starting to reach for Amber Lights a little more as it has a nice autumnal feel to it,
Although I do love both of these shades and I feel not only are they both perfect summer shades, they will both be great for autumn too

I've also been loving two makeup Revolution Products this month,
The first one is the strobe balm I got in last years advent calendar in the shade Rose Gold,





I have recently started using this as an inner corner highlight with my eye shadow and I must say I absolutely love it, it gives such a great highlight to the inner corner and really enhances a look
I will just add I'm not sure if they sell this or not haha I may have to have a look though since I love it so much

The other product is a highlight in the shade Rejuvenate, I got this in the advent calendar last Christmas too and I love it! I wear this pretty much every day




Not the best swatch, sorry haha

In the advent calendar this one came as a baked highlight but when I have looked online for this shade I believe they sell it as a strobe powder

I must say until I tried this highlight I was never a fan of gold highlight but I absolutely love this one, I would definitely recommend it to anyone as it's such a beautiful light gold shade

Finally for makeup I've recently been loving the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray,



I wanted to try this for so long so I asked my Mum if I could have the travel sized version for my birthday so that I could see if I liked it enough to buy the full size version,
I must say I absolutely love it, my highlight actually looks the same on both sides of my face haha (because we all know makeup never goes the same on both sides haha) and it stays shimmery pretty much all day,
Also, I'd say it keeps the rest of my makeup looking nice all day too,
I honestly don't know what I ever did without setting spray before now
I will definitely be repurchasing in full size when this runs out

TV Shows:

There are two TV shows I've really been loving this month

The first one is Keeping Up With The Kardashians,
I think I mentioned this in my last favourites but for those who haven't seen that I only started watching this from the last season (season 14) and I became hooked instantly haha
This month season 15 has started and I'm just as obsessed, I love this show so much

The second TV show I have been loving this month is Friends,

I've recently started watching this again and I've realised there are so many episodes I have never seen,
It's safe to say I am well and truly obsessed at the moment haha

Other Favourites:

In my random section for favourites are just a couple of things,
The first one is my Canon SX730 compact camera,



I got this a while ago and I love it so much!
I love filming and taking pictures with this as it is such good quality and it's super easy to use

Also in this section of my favourites is the ring I got from my parents for my birthday,




I got this back a few weeks ago as it was being resized and I love how it looks on, it's honestly so pretty

Another random thing I've been loving recently is planning festive content,
I know some of you will think it's too soon but I'm planning on doing blogmas again this year and I want to post the occasional festive video on my channel too, so the sooner I get things planned the better haha

Ok, that brings us to the end of my August favourites!
I hope you enjoyed it,
Feel free to follow my blog for more posts (follow options are in the side bar for desktop and the bottom of the page for mobile devices)
Let me know in the comments what one of your favourite things in August was

Thank you so much for reading and I will see you soon for another post,
Hanna x

10 comments:

  1. Great favourites post! I love that ring so much! I've also recently got Netflix so I'm always keen to hear about what tv shows people are watching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's so pretty, right? I must be one of the only people who still doesn't have Netflix haha

      Delete
  2. Hanna I don’t really use Netflix either! Join the club :’D . I never really stop to watch it at home as I’m always flipping busy and we don’t have it on the telly so dinner time is usually Friends time :’D . Who are you most like in Friends? I’ve got to admit I’m Monica :’D . Also, how do you get those Revolution highlighters to work so well!? I love mine from the calendar but have so much trouble with applying them evenly and patchiness! Ahhh back to TV as well, love the Kardashian’s! <3 It’s just so unrealistic and over the top but so funny! And finally back to makeup :’D, what kind of longevity difrences did do you notice with the All Nighter? Definitely been on my wish list for a while!

    Ellie Xx
    https://elliebowsandsparkles.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so glad I'm not the only one. Hm, I don't know, I've never really thought about that maybe I'll have to take a quiz on what character I'm like or something haha
      I don't know exactly, what do you mean by get them to work properly?
      Also for the setting spray it still feels pretty full, it hasn't gone under half yet I don't think but it's pretty hard to tell because you can't see through the bottle haha x

      Delete
    2. That’s pretty good for the setting spray! And sometimes I meant I find the Revolution highlighters apply a little bit chalky. What kind of brush do you apply yours with? You inspired me to use one yesterday though Hanna and I used the pink-y powder one and it was lovely! :) With the darker ones you just have to be open to embracing a bit of colour in your highlight areas as they are quite pigmented! :) Xx

      Delete
    3. Yeah, so far I've been super impressed with the setting spray. I don't own a fan brush at the moment so I use an angled blush brush and I use the tip of the angled part and aw I'm so glad I could inspire you 😊

      Delete
  3. These are my favourite posts to read! I absolutely love the Maybeline Fit Me Concealer as well, it’s so creamy! And I need to try that UD Setting Spray, it always has such good reviews.

    Loved this post xx

    www.laurenannbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, it applies so smoothly and as for the setting spray, I would recommend it to everyone, I don't know what I ever did without it haha x

      Delete
  4. I love Canon cameras. I have got the Canon G7x and its really great quality. Love these types of posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love my Canon, they're such good little cameras, such great quality 😊

      Delete