Sunday 19 August 2018

Turning 21: Did I Complete The 20 Things I Wanted To Do Before Turning 21?

Hey guys,
I'm now officially 21! It was my birthday last week (August 10th) so today I thought I would share how I got on with my 20 Things I Want To Do Before Turning 21 bucket list,
For those who haven't seen that post I listed 20 things I would like to do before I turned 21 this year,
Anyway, let's jump right in to the post, shall we?

The first thing on the list was to go on a friends holiday,
I didn't complete this one sadly as I couldn't really afford to as I don't currently have a job

The next thing I put on my list was to gain confidence,

I definitely feel like at the time I started writing the first draft of this post (may 30th) I have already started gaining confidence,
And now finishing writing it in August I definitely think I have gained quite a lot of confidence over the last year

Next on the list was to go zip lining,

I have wanted to do this for ages and I still want to as I didn't get this one completed haha

Up next, to learn Dana Alexa's choreography,

I started learning one last year but then didn't get chance to practice much and ended up stopping, so I didn't technically complete this one but I do want to start learning some of her choreography again sometime soon

On the list next was to go to a spa,

Again I didn't complete this, this list isn't exactly off to the best start haha but I feel like this is a bucket list I forgot about for a while

Next was to have gotten my splits or have improved my flexibility,

I haven't gotten my splits yet but my middle splits seem to be getting closer from stretching more often and my flexibility has definitely improved a lot since I started stretching too, so I feel like I've definitely completed this one

Next I wanted to have taken one or more other styles of dance,
As you may (or may not) know I have done ballet for two years and 7 months now but I haven't quite gotten around to completing this one, I would like to start acro soon or re start tap (I haven't tapped since I was 8)

Next on the list (I feel like I've said next so much in this post, I should total up how many times I wrote it at the end of the post 😂) anyway next was to own a canon 1300d camera,

I didn't complete this one because when I went to buy a camera I changed my mind and decided I wanted the Canon SX730 compact camera, this just seemed better for wanting to start YouTube too as it's more compact and easier to carry around haha, I still want the Canon 1300d as a bigger photography camera though

The ninth thing on my list (almost half way through the list) was to go out for breakfast,

I completed this one, I went out for breakfast one day in July before the gym and I got a full English breakfast, I'll put pics in here because it was so good!



We've made it to half way! Tenth on the list was to go to the gym,

I have now been going to the gym on and off since March, recently I have started going two to three times a week as the gym had an offer on for 3 months for £30

Next on the list was to have more followers on my blog,

I completed this one, when I wrote the bucket list post I had 1 follower, I now have 7
So thank you guys so much! I really appreciate it (if you'd like to follow me and help me out haha the follow button and follow by email options are in the side bar if you're using a desktop or at the bottom of the page if you're using a mobile device, I'd really love to get some more soon)

Anyway, next on the list was to bake more or bake something Christmas themed,

I did both of these! I made Christmas themed treats for blogmas last year and I have baked a little more this year, I also made some Easter treats too
I just find baking super fun, I actually want to make something else soon too

The next thing on my list was to show my face on here or on other social media,

I did this back in January actually! I did a post introducing myself properly on here and I started showing my face on social media around the same time too

Have blogger friends was next on my not so little list,

I guess I've kind of completed this, I definitely interact with bloggers more and I class quite a few as friends now I guess

Next was to become 50/60% fluent in French on Duolingo,

This one is hard to tell as they changed the site and now they use crown levels instead of a percentage of fluency, I'm pretty sure I had reached 40% before they changed it though so I can't be sure on this one

On the list next was to start eating a little healthier,

I think I've completed this one, I feel like since going to the gym it's motivated me to eat better too, although I wouldn't say I ate all that bad before

Next was to redecorate my room, by redecorate I think I meant refurbish haha

I didn't complete this one, I have decided on pieces I would like for my room and added up how much it would cost (it came to like £500, so I can't currently afford it haha)

On the list next I said I wanted to attend blogger events,

I didn't manage this one either, a lot of them are in London and London is not the cheapest place to get to and it's a pretty lengthy train ride too

Visit Brighton was next,

I didn't complete this one either, but again it's a lengthy train journey

And finally (yes we've made it to the end haha) buy dinner for my parents,

I sadly didn't complete this one either, I would still like to do this though

Ok, that brings us to the end of the list,
I know it was kind of long but I hope you enjoyed it still
Next time I do a bucket list like this I need to try and actually remember about it haha

Other Turning 21 posts:


Thank you as always for reading and I'll see you soon for another post,
Hanna x

(Also I said I'd total up the amount of times I said next throughout this entire post - it was 19 times haha)

8 comments:

  1. Nice that you ticked a few off but nice also that you still have some to go! Start working your way through 😁 cool post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love bucket lists and setting goals. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. It's good that you managed to achieve some of the things on your list and maybe you can roll the others over for next year! I used to love ballet and tap, tap was so frustrating but so good!

    Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, maybe I will do that. I love ballet so much although I have been tempted to save up and buy a pair of tap shoes and start learning again from YouTube videos until I can pay for classes haha, thank you for commenting x

      Delete
  3. Happy late birthday, I hope you had an amazing day! Glad you managed to achieve some of your goals, but it sounds like you're making a lot of great progress with others too!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to go out for breakfast too! I think it is such a cute thing to do! I also did zip lining and it was amazing. Gaining confidence is always an amazing thing to do! It is great that you achieved some things! http://lifeofshar.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Exactly, it's just so different to going out for lunch and so fun. Oh cool! Thank you x

      Delete