Monday 18 December 2017

Blogmas Day 18: Two Easy Christmassy DIYs!

December 18th:


Hey guys,
It's blogmas day 18!

Today I will be trying my hand at two Christmassy DIYs I found on Pinterest and YouTube but before we get into that I will be opening my advent calendar,

Makeup Revolution Day 18:



Day 18 of the Makeup Revolution advent calendar was this mini eyeshadow brush,
I think this would be so good to use for inner corner highlight

Ok, now that's done onto the DIY's,
(I will link the pins/websites I found these on in case you want to recreate them yourself!)

For the first one I thought I would keep it simple with this cute Rudolph paper! (I found this on Pinterest on the HobbyCraft Blog)
I made this yesterday while I was wrapping presents,


All you need is brown paper, red pom poms, a black marker and glue or tape,
I also printed out some antler templates I found on google images and cut it out as a stencil,
(The antler templates I printed you can find here and here I ended up using the last one)


I kind of made this more complicated for myself haha I didn't want the risk getting sharpie on presents so I put the brown paper around the present then with a regular pen I put little discrete lines where the present started and ended so I knew where to draw in between but if you know the sharpie won't go through the paper then all you have to do is wrap the present in the brown paper,
Anyway, I ended up using this template for the antlers so I drew on the antlers first then the eyes and then I made the sellotape so that it was double sided and stuck the pom pom nose on with that

I really love this DIY, it is so cute! And it makes a really simple wrapping paper with a cute personal touch because you made it yourself

For the next DIY, I'm not quite sure what to call it, but it's basically pictures pegged to string,
(I found this one from one of Zoe (Zoella)'s YouTube videos)


I used my HP Sprocket for this but you could use a Polaroid camera/Instax camera or you could even put pictures from your phone onto a Word Document and shrink them down to Polaroid size if you wanted
You will also need string and mini pegs,

Anyway for this DIY I printed out some of my favourite festive pictures from my phone on my HP Sprocket and then put up some string and pegged the pictures onto the string
I bought just regular mini pegs as I thought that was easier to use all year round




I love this DIY too, it's so cute to have hung in your room and you can change the pictures to suit the season

That's all for today's post!
I hope you're enjoying blogmas, leave me a comment if you try any of these or if you have any other diy ideas,

Thank you for reading and I'll see you tomorrow,
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment