Tuesday 31 October 2017

Kylie Cosmetics First Impressions *With Swatches*

Hey guys,
In today's post I thought I would do a first impressions of Kylie Jenner's cosmetic range,
As it was my first order I decided to purchase just 3 products, a matte lip kit, a metal lipstick and a gloss,
I thought this way I get to try a few different products,
 

 





Ok, so I ordered Autumn in the matte lip, this is what made me want to make this order actually because I saw Kylie's YouTube video showing the new fall collection (or autumn collection if you're in the UK),
I also ordered the shade Dancer in a metal lipstick, I thought with this shade I would just take the dive and purchase it and I thought it would be the perfect shade not just for autumn but for winter and the Christmas season too,
The final product I ordered was Candy K gloss, I've obsessed over Candy K and Koko K for so long but whenever I tried a dupe I didn't like the shade, I guess I'm just not used to wearing nude lipsticks, so I decided I'll try it in a gloss first, then if I like the shade I'll buy it in a matte lip kit,




Anyway, onto my first impressions of the products, even though I know I'm a little late to the party with trying Kylie Cosmetics haha,
I will post swatches too on my arm so you can see each shade properly,

I must say I really love the Kylie Cosmetics packaging, it's so unique and so beautiful,

First up, Candy K (Gloss),



Sorry the pic of the name for Candy K is a little blurry, I didn't realise until I put it in the post



My first impression was this is not one of my faves if I'm honest, I love the shade, I'm just not a fan of glosses in general, but I thought I would give this one a try,
It definitely isn't super sticky which is nice and I kind of want to try and get used to the feel of a gloss because I love the shade so much

Next I tried Autumn (Lip Kit), the one that made me want to buy some of Kylie's products in the first place,







Sorry some of the pics aren't great it was dark when I took some and I had to use flash on a couple or use artificial light instead of daylight


I must say I think this is my favourite so far, I love the feel of this on the lips, I wouldn't say it's drying either,
My first impression was that it seems to dry and go matte quite quickly too which I love!
The shade is just perfect for all year round I feel like too. Yeah, I really love this one haha
It's also one of those lipsticks that you know won't move all day from almost the second it's applied
This is the one lipstick I have been reaching for every day just lately
As for the stay power, it's pretty good! It only really started to come off when I ate a bacon and egg sandwich haha
Onto the lip liner, I love that too! haha
I find lip pencils sometimes make my lips sore because they feel rough when applying them or they drag my lips a little, but this one is goes on so smooth and creamy, I really love it

And finally I tried Dancer,





My first impression with this one was 'Wow, I love this shade!'
It's perfect for autumn and the Christmas season
I definitely think I'll be wearing this a lot in Christmas
I did wear this all day today and it is one of those lipsticks that I worry is gonna smudge a little but it seemed ok
I can't really say too much about it as I've only worn this one today

Overall, I must say the order itself isn't extremely expensive, it's more the customs that amp the cost up a little more,
Customs for me cost £17.94 because my order was $62 (about £47),
Shipping was free as well because my order was over $60 which was nice

I feel like I will definitely be making another order, not soon, but at some point and I think I will re purchase Autumn if it's still available when this one runs out,
I'm hoping Kylie keeps Autumn available after the autumn season ends as it's one I want to keep wearing all year round haha

That's all for this post,
Let me know if you have any Kylie Cosmetics yourself, and let me know if you have any recommendations I should try some other time,
Feel free to follow my blog (On desktop the follow button is on the top right, on mobile its at the bottom of the page)

Thank you for reading,
I hope you liked this post,
Leave me a comment if you have any blog post ideas you want me to post or any blogmas post ideas as I want to try and do blogmas this year,

Anyway, I will see you in my next post,
Hanna x

No comments:

Post a Comment